x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Clearview Infinity ad in new SmartPhone/PocketPC Mag

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 5:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

thcrw739 aims for below the belt. The Infinity is Canadian with technical backing in Korea, it is not Chinese.

cmonex, like I say, you'll be able to get hold an Infinity for less than that. Stay tuned for some formal US pricing announcements here on HPC:Factor soon!
 Top of the page Quote Reply
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 12:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2007-12-14 2:45 AM

thcrw739 aims for below the belt. The Infinity is Canadian with technical backing in Korea, it is not Chinese.

I didnt say it was Chinese.

I said thats what it looks like,

And now adding thats all i'd pay for even if i did want it...

Edited by thcrw739 2007-12-14 1:06 PM
Clearview
Clearview Page Icon Posted 2007-12-15 3:49 AM
#
The "real" product looks much better than the renderings you are looking at

PS. Today 90% + of all IT products are manufactured in China and same goes for any other product.
The miPC definitely falls in the 10%
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 1:43 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 6:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's nice to see all those little press thingy's I put out are picked up by someone
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 7:22 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

http://www.carrypad.com/journal/2007/12/infinity-mipc-pmp-navi-inte...

But there's a catch. Actually two. Remember the Raon Vega's problem of dongle-enabled WIfi and BT? Well it seems the Infinity has the same issue. I think I remember why it fell of the bottom of the list now! [Checking on the product website doesn't show any indication of dongles though. I wonder if they have changed the design. Double-check before you order!] The second issue is the low screen resolution of 480x272 which is not really good enough for any sort of un-optimised Internet browsing.

Anybody know anything about these issues?

Regards, Don

Clearview
Clearview Page Icon Posted 2007-12-31 7:43 PM
#
DonL0001 - 2007-12-17 7:22 AM

But there's a catch. Actually two. Remember the Raon Vega's problem of dongle-enabled WIfi and BT? Well it seems the Infinity has the same issue. I think I remember why it fell of the bottom of the list now! [Checking on the product website doesn't show any indication of dongles though. I wonder if they have changed the design. Double-check before you order!] The second issue is the low screen resolution of 480x272 which is not really good enough for any sort of un-optimised Internet browsing.

Regards, Don

1. The USB WIFI is scrapped because it is a "scrapy" solution for mr battery - Replaced by SDIO WIFI 802.11N
2. The 480x272 resolution is "acceptable" although I agree that websites that are not optimized for ppc are somewhat less fun to navigate - Unofficially I can tell you that I heard something about the current TFT beeing swaped for a "nicer" TFT 800X480
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-01 12:54 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Clearview - 2007-12-31 8:43 PM

DonL0001 - 2007-12-17 7:22 AM

Regards, Don

1. The USB WIFI is scrapped because it is a "scrapy" solution for mr battery - Replaced by SDIO WIFI 802.11N
2. The 480x272 resolution is "acceptable" although I agree that websites that are not optimized for ppc are somewhat less fun to navigate - Unofficially I can tell you that I heard something about the current TFT beeing swaped for a "nicer" TFT 800X480

Thanks for the update.

There is a concern that "nicer" will drag along a significant reduction in absolute displayed font size even with a 7 inch screen. However, there's no way to make a trade-off judgment without actual experience.

Regards, Don

gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 11:18 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey! looking closely at the scanned ad, does it say "Npop e-mail" ??

I wonder what version they're using ... and why they're not using nPOPuk.

Edit: OK, I watched the shockwave flash thingy on their web site ... it says nPOP 1.0.8.

Edited by gjcoram 2008-01-03 11:24 AM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-03-07 9:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

They are now approved to use nPOPuk in the rom
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-03-13 6:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2007-11-27 10:25 PM
oh and screen resolution is 480x272 or similar. for some reason i was thinking 800x480
They were working for a little while on beefing up the screen real-estate for this release, however have shelved a larger screen model for future R&D. They elected to integrate the WiFi tranceiver instead of tackling the screen at this stage.

I have an 8GB Zen infront of me here, and that only has a 320x240 screen. Creative seem to think that is a winner, so I am sure that there are going to be some takers for the smaller screen and additional compactness that the 480x270 offers.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-13 1:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

that's good, next model with the large resolution and possibly with integrated keyboard and ARM could be a killer with such an excellent software suite preinstalled.

Edited by cmonex 2008-03-13 1:33 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-03-13 1:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I 100% agree. If they can get that micro-usb BT controller on the motherboard as well (having the USB slot to use while BTing would be beneficial), then they would be laughing!

I was offered the development prototype to have a play with, but sadly nothing came of it
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-13 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah, play in what sense? try it out? review?
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-03-13 4:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Clint will be getting a final retail boxed version for the formal review, the prototype was just to play with, get a feel of it and one assumes offer comments.
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 7