x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Yahoo Group Dedicated to the PenCentra

Joe Blow Page Icon Posted 2007-11-28 9:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone,

Being a "new" Fujitsu PenCentra 130 owner, and finding consolidated information specific to it abysmally lacking, even via Google searches (but, at least they led me here ), I have established a Yahoo Group dedicated to PenCentra users and developers (both established and wanna-be ). It's located at:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PenCentra

Feel free to join, and especially to contribute, if you have information specific to the PenCentras in the form of good and bad experiences, software you love and/or hate, sources of software (especially free and open-source), and must-have accessories that make your device the greatest thing since sliced PDAs.

I'd also like to encourage any developers out there to join and help populate the Files section with everything needed to develop software for this platform, especially any tools that are no longer available from the more obvious sources, like Microsoft. Even if this replicates a (likely small) subset of what's on the HPC:Factor forum, having it all in one sock would make it much more likely that people who would like to develop for the platform, but, don't have the time or knowledge to assemble all of the right versions of the widgets needed, could actually get a development environment set up and generating some usable code.

This group will be agnostic about pretty much everything when it comes to religious preferences, so, please don't come expecting to have a lot of knock-down, drag-out fights (at least in public - what you do in your personal e-mail Las Vegas stays in that Las Vegas! ). You'll be expected to be courteous, although, the normal level of sophomoric humor found on most tech sites will not only be allowed, but encouraged, and maybe even required! Have patience with the noobs, and if you can't say anything positive, or at worst dead neutral, then wait until you're in a better mood. I want people to learn from each other, not get burnt to a crisp in flame wars.

OK, come on down, and All the Best,
Joe
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-28 9:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Cool. I trust that it's open to PenCentra 200 users as well.
Joe Blow Page Icon Posted 2007-11-28 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hiya CE,

As they say in the upper Midwest, "You betcha!"

I haven't dug into the differences between the 130 and 200, yet, and obviously, stuff that's common to both would be of a higher priority, at least initially. Who knows, I may wind up with a 200 to add to my already overpopulated collection of computing artifacts (I'm a senior docent and restoration engineer at a computer history museum, and get dibs on things they already have in the collection, when donations and piles en route the recyclers come through ).

Welcome to the show, and All the Best,
Joe
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-29 12:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.221 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 28