x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The most needed software for hpc?

quiche Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 10:07 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

What is software sorely in need of development?

My vote would go for software that can deal with wifi encryption for WPA/WPA 2? I am no at a university that uses PEAP. And it has just made defunct all my handhelds. I understand there is a way to access a PEAP system from Windows Mobile 5.0.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 10:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It isn't that simple. If you look at the WPA document in the CESD you will see that in order to support such technologies you need fundimental cryptography support from the operating system and then other changes to the stack and security system. CE .net supports this natively, and for CE3 there is a possibility of getting the middleware. For older versions though, no can do.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, c:amie. This is the fundamental fly in the ointment
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-03 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2007-12-02 4:52 PM

It isn't that simple. If you look at the WPA document in the CESD you will see that in order to support such technologies you need fundimental cryptography support from the operating system and then other changes to the stack and security system. CE .net supports this natively, and for CE3 there is a possibility of getting the middleware. For older versions though, no can do.

what is this middleware?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27