x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 3:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Anyone using the Bluetake BT100 Bluetooth CF card? According to the data it could work but not listed in the HCL.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

vjurkas, this card uses the widcomm driver. don't let yourself be deceived by the description about "Windows CE 3.0". (or hp jornada - that's the 5xx series - plain ppc) it was just the same with me, i thought that wince 3.0 will apply to hpcs too and bought an Eagletech CF BT. then found out the hard way.

anyway, i've just hacked the widcomm driver onto hpc2000. basically it isn't that hard (some mfcce hexediting - as it is a driver you will definitely need it! + the usual fake dlls), but connecting to a bt phone for gprs IS difficult to manage at the beginning because you need to edit the registry. oh, not difficult anymore, i made a .reg file for import if someone already has a widcomm card and would like to use it then i'll post it.. you just have to edit it a little before importing. easy.
but it was so complicated that i could never have managed it if it weren't for two hungarian friends' help

but because you haven't bought a bt card yet, i'd recommend the socket bt card. i have this too. but the eagletech works also oh yeah just some bugs but it really works for bluetooth+gprs... filetransfer is OK as well. haven't tried the other features (AS via bt, bt lan).

Edited by cmonex 2005-04-28 4:29 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

btw, anyone wanting to buy a bluetooth card, the HCL is almost complete in this respect except that the Mavintec card still isn't listed. ok, i heard that there was a bug in the HCL new hardware submitting process. has this bug already been solved? then i'll try submitting it again (and an ethernet card too and something else i can't remember now ).
but if there isn't any other card available only widcomm cards (for example in hungary...), then that will hopefully be ok too with the hack

Edited: ah, it is listed now. no problem then

Edited by cmonex 2005-04-28 4:37 PM
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 4:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks for a quick answer. Bluetake is the only card that can easily be found on eBay. The price looks good, too. It says it works for PPC2000, PPC2002 and Windows CE 3.0. That's why I believe that chances for Jornada are good.

I hope that someone has tried to use it and will confirm or deny my theory
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 5:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, i'm positive that this card is the same case as my eagletech. if you want to do a little hacking then good. but the socket is better because it doesn't stick out and has original hpc drivers.
ambicom & mavintec are rare one of my friend uses a mavintec card for his hpc (ce.net 4.1) and it works ok... if only i knew why this card was sold in hungary (!!!) and why isn't it now... it was only some months earlier

Edited by cmonex 2005-04-28 5:09 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

and about widcomm: this is the most widely used driver for bluetooth cards / built-in bluetooth in PDAs. they never wrote a version for hpcs.
or did they? i heard about some interesting demo that has a hpc version and works with widcomm cards... ah i've got it, i'll check it out now. but it's only a demo, and allows for only 5 MB data transfer in total. ridiculous
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 1:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Can you, for my education, tell a bit more about widcomm drivers? What is widcomm? A company, chipset...? Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 9:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

http://www.widcomm.com
i don't know more than that, only that they didn't write their drivers for hpcs
but with the hack it is quite usable, and the bt manager knows more than my socket bt manager, and the connection is stable to the phone when gprs internet and filetransfer seems to be stable too. still, i recommend socket bt more.

Edited by cmonex 2005-04-29 9:17 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8