x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opera Mini in JLime? Or other HPC linux variants?

bvjones Page Icon Posted 2007-12-15 12:29 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Has anyone tried porting the new Opera Mini browser to an HPC Linux? I've been using it on my Treo 650 and it is absolutely AMAZING the difference in speed, page rendering and ease of use over the built-in browser.

Opera Mini has been designed to run on all sorts of phones and PDAs: all it needs in addition is to have Java available. (Most web-enabled cell phones already have it, and I think most HPC's can at least add Java capabilities?) On my Treo, I had to download and install the proper Java applications, which took a little tweaking. But once I got it all figured out... WOW.

And I thought, Hey! Opera is open-source, and this Mini product would be PERFECT for all of us with ageing HPC's or maybe even for those of us with newer ones! Unfortunately I have zero programming skills in any platform.

I saw that CMonex has done some work on the "non-linux" side, but it requires a user to do hexedit and such. Just thought I'd ask...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-15 10:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you dont have to manually hexedit, just use execheck it will do the job for you on hpc2000

and on cenet 4.20 no need to hack _at all_.
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2007-12-15 12:18 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

How does one access/use execheck?
And what is cenet 4.20?
Although I suspect both will be non-Linux answers...
B
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-15 3:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

re: Executability Check
cmonex has it on her site:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

Just download the ZIP file, open it on your PC, and copy the version corresponding to your H/PC's processor type (ARM or MIPS) into the root directory of the H/PC. Now open it on the H/PC, and select the .exe file you want to check (in this case the one for Opera Mini). A dialog box will open telling you what the program needs. Try it, and tell us what it says, and we'll guide you through it.

"cenet 4.20" = Windows CE 4.2 .net, which is the version of Windows CE that runs on the NEC 900C.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9