x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New "Your Settings" Configurator

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-22 1:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As you may have already noticed, we have updated the "Your Settings" section here on the forum with a new interface and some new features as discussed in the forum changelog.

The signature editor now has a preview, and we have extended you some express controls over maintaining your PM's. We hope that you find the changes make your account easier to manage, and if you have any more ideas for what we can add to the profile configuration, please do let us know your thoughts.

Note: I shall get 'submit' redirection working later tonight for those who were wondering.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-22 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2007-12-22 2:07 PM

As you may have already noticed, we have updated the "Your Settings" section here on the forum with a new interface and some new features as discussed in the forum changelog.

The signature editor now has a preview, and we have extended you some express controls over maintaining your PM's. We hope that you find the changes make your account easier to manage, and if you have any more ideas for what we can add to the profile configuration, please do let us know your thoughts.

Note: I shall get 'submit' redirection working later tonight for those who were wondering.

Questions:

1. Where is forum changelog?

2. What is 'submit' redirection?

3. Is thread subscription the same or different than email notification?

Thanks, Don
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-22 2:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

1. It's in the stickied list for this forum...

2. Click submit and you'll find out where it redirects.

3. It configures the forums/topics that you receive email notifications for, yes
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 11:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK, the redirection is working correctly now - if you encounter any problems please let me know.

I have also added a "latest attachements" and "recent posting activity" on the your settings initial page summary. I hope that they will be useful for some people

Edit: I've set the last activity date/time to read your user accounts local time, rather than the server time
> Evil E. <
> Evil E. < Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 2:18 PM
#
I just registered an account, and after logging in, the first page I wanted to check was the Control Panel (here it is named the "Your Settings" page) to add some personal info.
I stumbled upon an ASP "overflow" error when my browser (IEv7) rendered the page (coming from the main category-view page), sounds like a maths issue somewhere on that page.
Please check out the attached screenshot for more details, it might be helpful to solve the issue.

P.S. : greetings to C:Amie. (thanks for the inivitation)

(HPC_error.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HPC_error.jpg (64KB - 0 downloads)
> Evil E. <
> Evil E. < Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 2:36 PM
#
Additional information : after posting the above post (and thus increasing my total post count from 0 to 1 : this might also be relevant information to solve the problem), I went to take another look at the Your Settings page.
Result : I again get an error there, although the type changed from an "overflow" error to a "Division by zero" error. Most definitely a mathematical issue.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 3:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hail > Evil E. <

Welcome to hpcfactor.com's members community.

It is odd, because we have a placeholder account with nothing on it and I am getting no errors under MSIE6 (I will try it under 7).

However, the account was registered years ago, so that means that the error has to be in the average daily posts calculation as you haven't been registered for any days yet (divide by zero). The overflow is unexpected though

Edit: That should be it fixed now, I neglected to apply boundary rules. Thanks for that!!

Edit 2: Same issue fixed on view-profile.asp
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-12-26 10:55 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I like the look and how it is much more organized now! Good job!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-26 12:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I am pleased that you like it. I shall strive to come up with some more gadgets that we can put on it

Any thoughts?
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9