x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ive bricked my GPS

1 2 3 4
shoot Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 12:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi , I have a Navgo sy885 gps
see here
It has winCE 5.0 and i got carried away editing the registry and now i dont get the Main Menu show up and can not access the unit at all.This unit only has a on/off switch and a standby switch so i havent been able to enter explorer with startup holding vol up etc. So now i ask is there any way i can get into explorer with a SD card program or some kind of a bootup SD disc? or do i just throw this brick away? thanks shoot
 Top of the page
timagal Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 4:32 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi!

I think the best you can do is to open the unit, disconnect both the CR coin battery and the accumulator (the rechargeable battery).

This way you´ll get to do a hard reset that will bring your GPS back to its factory settings.

You will probably loose all your maps, so I hope you have them on CD.

Good luck, and be gentle with the plastics. Remember to take a break when you start getting nervous

and Merry Christmas
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi , Yes ive had it appart but i can not find a CR battery ? I dont think it has one as when you shut the unit off the time is reset to 12 am and once its connected to satelittes it sets the time correct.I tried removing the battery for 24 hrs but no luck Looks like ive killed it ! thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 9:09 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

it seems to have persistent registry - now you need to find out how to clear the registry. are you able to enter a bootloader menu in any way?
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 9:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2007-12-24 11:09 PM

it seems to have persistent registry - now you need to find out how to clear the registry. are you able to enter a bootloader menu in any way?

cmonex ,
I dont know a real lot about the workings of winCE ,i know it has winCE 5.0 , i am able to connect the gps to "active sync" and view alot of the files on the GPS,I get the feeling alot of files are hiden as in the Desktop folder theres is no files visable but on the winCE desktop there is 2 icons i think.I dont have a main Menu at startup as i edited the reg and removed it "i wasnt thinking right!!" So basicly the only way into the GPS i can think would be though the sdmmc as no menu buttons are shown thanks..
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 10:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well if it will still connects with Activesync, wouldn't the easiest thing to do would be to copy someones good factory built registry file off and copy it onto his gps?

Rich
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 1:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Now all we gotta do is find someone else with a NavGo SY885.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 2:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Aren't most of those gps units essentially the same thing? I'd be willing to be that any reg file would probably work, at least minimally to the point where he could eventually get it all restored...

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

1) you can't just copy the registry "file" unless it is implemented in the way it is for the beta cenet image for the 900c...
2) no, the gps units are not the same, absolutely not.

anyway, you can now run a remote registry editor and fix your problem over activesync.
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 8:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks Guys for your help, I now have my GPS working again it would have been put in the bin if it wasnt for your help and information ,i truely owe you guys thanks shoot

I found a copy of TTXN Remote registry 1.2 and fixed what i deleted
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-12-25 4:12 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Nice job! I'm so glad it's back working again.
 Top of the page
trekker2005
trekker2005 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-30 2:53 PM
#
Hiya..

We've had a navgo sy885 for xmas and I've been trying to get the speed camera locations to show up but have not been able to so far.

Does anyone have any tips as to how we can get these point of interests to show up?

Thanks
 Top of the page
barnes
barnes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 9:58 PM
#
i've just baught this navgosy885 and it wont work when you turn it on it just comes up with a picture but no files or anything. the sd card works on its own on the computar and seems to have all the right stuff. it has a little reset button which we tried but it just comes up with the same picture
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Are you just getting the picture of ocean and cliffs ?? and no main menu "with the Nav button etc ?
 Top of the page
barnes
barnes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 10:25 PM
#
yea just the ocean and the cliffs.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10