x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Forum Ideas, Bugs and Requests

« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-01-12 5:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks Alt Bass. The I changed the mail server IP address at the weekend and neglected to update the site code.

Mobi, can I register for non-UK Amazon associates, I thought you needed a bank account that accepts CAND/USD for it?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2018-01-13 1:34 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I really don't know the details. I don't shop at Amazon UK (although I really wanted one of those crazy hovering lawnmowers once), so I thought it would be cool if you had a referral link for the North American sites. Perhaps that's not possible though.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-01-13 10:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You don't have Flymo's in the US? O.o

I'll have a look into if it's possible
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-01-13 11:47 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Looks like it is possible, although I've no idea how to cash a cheque raised in $USD or $CAND. I'll write it up on another page.

I have created them US and CA ones. If they do not get at least 3 hits that translate to a sale over the next few months, Amazon will suspend the accounts however and I am not permitted to use them myself (they check the billing address).
daemonspudguy Page Icon Posted 2019-12-04 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I would like a dark theme for the site. My eyes can be hurt with light themes
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2020-01-11 1:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Here is a site bug. Hopefully it is not something that could lead to data loss.

On the page at https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/update/detail.asp?uid=276 it shows FixBatt_HPC2K.exe to be 19,122,338.29 MB which would be 19.122 terabytes. At https://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/219/NEC_Backup_Battery_Level_Fix, it shows a much more believable 601 KB for the same file.

This is just one example. I looked at several other file detail popups from the update section for various devices and every one of them showed a file size (in MB) of approximately 19 terabytes. Since the values varied, I'd venture to guess that the value represents the free disk space on the server at the time the file was added or it could just be a miscalculation based on actual file sizes.

I just realized that the first url will not pull up directly since the uid is dynamically generated for each session rather than tied to a particular file, but I think you get the idea that clicking to view a detail popup from an update page gives erroneous file size values.

Edited by Adanroj 2020-01-11 1:50 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-01-11 10:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks for the report. It is fixed.

It was not something that can lead to data loss. The field was the wrong SQL record set ordinal, it was casting a UUID into a long and then casting it into a single precision human readable file size. Nothing to do with free space.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2020-07-31 1:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Don't know if it is a bug or just limitation of website.

When trying to access hpcupdate area using Android web browsers (Edge, Opera, and Chrome) on different devices...tablet and phone...I am never able to see the column to the left where the update resides...hence unable to select it.

I only get as far as the screen below...

(Screenshot_2020-07-31-07-11-51-035.jpeg)

(Screenshot_2020-07-31-07-12-10-896.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_2020-07-31-07-11-51-035.jpeg (385KB - 7 downloads)
Attachments Screenshot_2020-07-31-07-12-10-896.jpeg (396KB - 3 downloads)
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2020-08-01 3:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've had that issue ever since I picked up an Android phone last year. Can't access polls either.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-08-01 10:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2020-07-31 1:09 PM

Don't know if it is a bug or just limitation of website.

When trying to access hpcupdate area using Android web browsers (Edge, Opera, and Chrome) on different devices...tablet and phone...I am never able to see the column to the left where the update resides...hence unable to select it.

I only get as far as the screen below...

Ok, try now? I have it double rendering into a mobile only DIV beneath the title bar now

Nothing rendered in the side bar gets displayed on devices under 1024 pixels wide.

CE Geek - 2020-08-01 3:37 AM

I've had that issue ever since I picked up an Android phone last year. Can't access polls either.

You can get to Poll results via the Community section
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2020-08-01 11:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Perfect Chris!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-08-02 8:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Good o'
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-11-29 7:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Ok, first :
Let me preface. Sometimes the ideas/requests I have can save me some time. But the work involved to save me a little bit of time, and the obscurity of the request (meaning I may be one of the few people who would utilize it), it’s probably not logical to implement.
Thus, I’m a realist.
Anyway, I had three ideas.
1-for the SCL, is there a way to implement either a desktop mode browsing for mobile devices or zoom out the layout manually somehow? Because I like to keep track of new comments to the SCL pages and I can’t do that on mobile. Only on desktop pc. The mobile view shows me new programs and new updates to existing listings though
2-for the SCL, is there a way in that drop down to tag files (like documentation, source code, host application, etc) to add a “Supplemental File” tag. Because sometimes there’s additional .zip files that are not the architectural binary but are needed for it to run. Example: WMP12SH3.zip but also requires WMP12_SUPPLEMENTAL.zip to run (obviously we’d put in install instructions all of this)
3-thumbs up, heart, other reaction emojis to a post. Example: sometimes C:Amie will reply something for me but I don’t want to clog the forum post and make a reply that just says “Understood, thank you” but I want to show that I appreciate the reply.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-11-30 10:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

1. [Not a forum bug, idea or a request] Not really. The mobile home page is way too cluttered as it is and needs to be re-flowed and minimised. The latest comments are in the side bar and the code won't render on mobile devices.

2. [Not a forum bug, idea or a request] Done

3. I have been considering it for many months now and haven't had the heart to do it because it requires and entire notification API be written from scratch and then cobbled into all of the site modules and this hacked to bits 18 year old forum
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-11-30 4:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2022-11-30 3:38 AM
[Not a forum bug, idea or a request] Not really. The mobile home page is way too cluttered as it is and needs to be re-flowed and minimised. The latest comments are in the side bar and the code won't render on mobile devices.

2. [Not a forum bug, idea or a request] Done

3. I have been considering it for many months now and haven't had the heart to do it because it requires and entire notification API be written from scratch and then cobbled into all of the site modules and this hacked to bits 18 year old forum

Thank you, I forgot it’s technically the forum only one. #2 helps a lot thank you!

I appreciate it
« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11