x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

need help on my nec 880 mobilepro wireless internet service

1 2
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-07 12:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello I was wondering if you can help me out here, I am a newbie to this and I need help to sync my PDA to my desktop and I am having trouble. And every time I'd turn on the laptop this thing popped up on the screen it's says (unindentified PC card adapter, entered the name of the driver for this PC card: driver name, network card in socket one) that's what it said on the screen and I don't know what to put. I bought a wireless card called Cabletron System roam about wireless lans 8O2 0.11 DS high rate. And I also got a in for a wireless infrared so I could try to sync my laptop two desktop and it didn't work how could I sink it and do I have to upgrade everything on this laptop and also how bought the USB driver how do I upgraded too. Thanks getting kind of frustrate it. help .
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-07 4:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You need Microsoft ActiveSync to sync the 880 to your PC:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/syncsoft/activesync/

ActiveSync 3.8 is recommended.

As for the USB port, there is a mass storage driver you can install that will allow it to read USB thumb drives - it's called the Iomega Clik! USB driver. Get it here:

http://search.casnavi.nec.co.jp/module_search/program/Module_Detail...

Though the page is in Japanese, the download links on the bottom show the names of the CAB files that are available. Download the one called cl_m4112.cab, copy it onto the 880, go to the folder on the 880 where you put it, and double-tap on it. After this, the first time you insert a USB thumb drive (or USB hard drive), the 880 will ask you for a driver name. Type in usbclik (this exact spelling). From then on, whenever you insert a USB storage device, it will show in "My Handheld PC" as a set of non-English characters. (You can change this to another name by using the "Clik Tools" utility it also installs.)

As for the wireless card you're using, it sounds like it's a wireless-G card, which won't work in the 880. You need a wireless-B card. Check this site's Hardware Compatibility List for lots of cards that will work:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

Don't confuse your card with the Enterasys RoamAbout card, which shows on the list as compatible. The Enterasys is an older card.
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-08 1:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok thanx oh yeah another question sorry to bother ya no i downloaded some software to my compact flash card some of them i can download and some of them won't let me download how can i download the rest the of the program thanx.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-08 1:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Are you saying you try to run them on the 880 and some don't run? Tell us what error message(s) show on the screen of the 880 when you try to run them.
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-09 3:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello sorry I can't get back to you, yes some of the programs cannot be open when I clicked on it it just give me a message saying (128 bit eight PC is not a valid windows CE application.) and also ruled CE_SP! one is not valid Windows CE application also) so how can I open to those programs and do I have to drag it somehow to another folder. Do some of these nec 880 mobilepro doesn't need to format anything. Or am I doing something wrong here and also my USB driver is not connecting how do I get the .cab file to download into the hardware. Thank you.
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-09 3:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi again actually one I insert the USB driver back of my neck mobilepro 880 laptop and it just said (undentified USB device entered the name of the driver USB device driver name and what should I put over there and even when I put my wireless card it also read that way to thank you.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-09 7:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Please re-read my first post for the answer to your questions about the wireless card and USB thumb drive.

The files that say "not a valid Windows CE application" are installer programs that you run on the PC with the 880 connected to it through ActiveSync. (Have you established a partnership in ActiveSync with your 880 yet?) The installers will automatically send the files where they belong on the 880. As for CAB files, you just copy them to a Compact Flash card and put it in the CF slot on the side of the 880. Then go into "My Handheld PC," go to "Storage Card2," and tap on the CAB file on the screen of the 880. The program will install itself from the CAB file. (Just select "Yes" or "OK" to let the installer and/or CAB install the program to the "default" folder that it has already selected for you.)

Also, in the future please note that you can edit your posts here for up to an hour after you first submit a post, so rather than submit two separate posts just a few minutes apart, you can just add the second message to the first post by editing the first post (which I'm doing here, as you can see below). That way people don't have to scroll down pages as much to read what others post.

Edited by CE Geek 2008-01-09 7:29 PM
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-10 2:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok i figured it out thanx mr ce geek. hey one more question where do i download the cab file on hpcfactor and also where can i redownload the software for my nec mobilepro 880 or where can i order that software window ce. thanx
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-10 3:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Which software are you referring to?
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-10 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i'm refering about the actual window ce 2000 professional software where can i download it or purchase it i think my nec mobilepro 880 is not updated for some reason and they don't window service pack 1 on it. thanx.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-10 11:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Handheld PC Pro Service Pack 1:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/ce211/sp1/

If you want to upgrade the 880 to Handheld PC 2000, you have to replace the ROM with one from an NEC 790.
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2008-01-11 3:15 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

For your WLAN RoamAbout card try the first one on the HCL under Enterasys RoamAbout. Is working for me
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-11 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok thanx for your help oh yeah one more question which one you prefer nec 880 mobilepro laptop or hp jornda 820 laptop and is hp jornada already updated and ready to use so don't have to configure everything like nec mobilepro 880 thnx have a great day
 Top of the page
JohnnyC
JohnnyC Page Icon Posted 2009-06-11 2:55 AM
#
The link for cl_m4112.cab is no longer functional. It took me a while but i found it again on a German site. http://search.casnavi.nec.co.jp/download/pc/module/peripheral/clik!...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-06-11 3:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx for the link. Also, the page linked in my first post above is still available on archive.org, and the download links on that page still work.

However, much simpler now is to download the PC installer from the below page, which will generate the CAB files for ARM, MIPS, and SH4 devices:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/details.asp?r=4600CBBF-165D-4DC5...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10