x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

executabilitycheck.exe opens up and immediately closes.

Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2008-01-10 3:46 AM
#
I have a problem with ExecutabilityCheck on my modified GPS.
When I run it, it opens up and immediately closes.
Is this a bug? I see other people posting about the same problem on other forums but no solutions.

Where can I d/l a new version?

Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-10 6:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no new version, i assume you have CE 5.0.

i'm contemplating writing a new version

until then you can run it from commandline, i forgot the exact command, TFGBD remembers.

also if you need it for a DLL and not EXE, you can just associate the dll extension to execheck
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2008-01-19 4:20 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

For some reason or another, ExecutabilityCheck will not display its file dialog properly on CE 5.0. I noticed a few other older apps have this same issue on CE 5.0 as well. At first I assumed it was because my PNA device was missing some shell registry entries until I noticed that it happened on more complete devices like the CE 5.0 sample OS image for the Emulator.

Anyway, it can thankfully be fixed and here is what you need to do:

To run it on CE 5.0 and get it to properly display its FileOpen dialog, you need to pass it a valid directory name on its command line like this:

("\Storage Card\ExecutabilityCheck.exe" \) [minus parenthesis]

Something like "\Storage Card\ExecutabilityCheck.exe" \Program Files will also work if you want it to directly open to the \Program Files directory when you invoke it.

I suggest you put the something like my above examples in a WinCE shortcut and always run ExecutabilityCheck from this shortcut so you don't need to worry about this little bug again.

Or if you wish to associate it with DLL files use a program like GSFinder+ or Total Commander/CE (2.5 beta3 or later). If you feel like bypassing the fileopen dialog completely but don't want to associate it, simply give it the full path to the file you wish to check on the command line. For example, in Start>Run I often type something like:
"\Windows\ExecutabilityCheck.exe" \Program Files\someexe.exe

Please realize that other than the FileOpen bug, ExecutabilityCheck also has issues with checking files on CE 5.0. It no longer can properly list an executable's missing imports on any CE 5 device I have tried it on (even WM5/WM6 Pocket PC) You can still use it to rename imports and change the OS version, though.

I hope this helped your little issue and I'm glad I figured it out even if it doesn't work properly on CE 5.0 anyway...

Edited by TFGBD 2008-01-19 4:26 AM
 Top of the page
enjoy720 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-19 5:18 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I had the same problem on my CE 5.0 mips device.

Now it loads fine.

Many thanks TFGBD!

Edited by enjoy720 2008-01-19 5:19 AM
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2008-01-24 1:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey. Glad I could be of service.
 Top of the page
Smack
Smack Page Icon Posted 2008-01-27 12:49 PM
#
( you need to pass it a valid directory name on its command line like this: )

How do you do this
could you please explain it to a total beginner

Thanks
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2008-02-06 3:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Just do the following and you will have it up and running:

1. Go to Start>Run

2. Click the browse button, navigate to the directory you placed the ExecutabilityCheck program in, and select it and press OK (for example: \Storage Card, \Hard Disk, etc.)

3. The full path and filename will now appear in the run dialog. Use your keyboard to type one SPACE and one \ (backwared slash) AFTER the final set of quotation marks ("

4. Click OK to start ExecutabilityCheck and you are done

If you want to make a working shortcut to ExecutabilityCheck just modify an existing shortcut to the program by adding the same text described above. (SPACE and a \ after the exe path)

Hope this help. I'll soon make a simple cab installer that creates a shortcut for you CE 5.0 users if you want...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 29