x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE 2.0 active sync 3.8 and win 98

sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2008-01-13 12:54 AM
#
Hello.

previosly I had my HPC using CE 2.0 working well with Active sync 3.8 and my desk top running windows home.

I want to use my hpc with my "OLD laptop" that runs win 98. I installed active sysnc 3.8, but my hpc and active sync do not seem to connect. they are both set to 19200

Do I need a driver?

Active sync tries to connect with HPC, and hpc tries to connect with my lap top but they do not make the conncection.

After 4 tries my hpe stops.

ANy ides

thanks

Sandro

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-01-13 7:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Aside from suggesting that you follow the patching guide: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=13

The clue here is probably "they are both set to 19200". You must not fiddle with the com port settings in device manager at all, if you do it usually breaks ActiveSync even if you set them back again. You need to go to device manager, uninstall the com port(s), reboot, reinstall AS 3.8 and try it again.

You CAN adjust the port speed on the H/PC, but only do so after first connection.
 Top of the page
sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2008-01-15 10:52 AM
#
What should I do first? try the patch or uninstalll and reinstall AS 3.58 ?

If I uninstall and reinstall AS 3.8 what do you mean about "un install the com ports"? How do you do that I?

Thanks

SAndro

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-01-15 11:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I would do both to be completely honest.

Start > Control Panel > System Device Manager > Ports, uninstall anything that is a serial port (com port)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 25