x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

eWallet for HPC

1 2
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 2:50 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Does anybody have a copy of the 30-day trial version of eWallet for the HPC? I'm seeking version 3.1 which I believe was the last official version to work with HPC. I tried an older version (2.0) recently and liked the program but would like to test V3.1.

Incidentally, I recently wrote to Ilium Software to ask about the HPC version and cost but was told that the HPC 'is no longer supported and older HPC compatible versions are no longer available'. After pointing out that on there web site it states that full HPC versions are still available to buy by using the 'Special Requirements' form I recieved an email back confirming this. Perhaps other potential new users should be aware of this. Don't take no for an answer!
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 7:46 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

lextre

I know this sounds crazy but, the current trend among several of the longtime HPC software developers is to discourage HPC users from purchasing their HPC software. One way to do that is to remove all mention of HPC versions of their software from their websites and to give canned responses to HPC owners requests such as the one you received - "sorry - No longer available....."

I'm not totally sure of what the logic is behind not wanting to sell or promote there HPC software, but I suppect that it's a two-fold issue

1. They want to stop supporting HPC software completely (including existing customers) and thereby it's important not to expand the HPC base.

2. They want you to switch to a Pocket PC version because they do fully support that platform and would rather not have to deal with HPC users.

It's unfortunate but that's what I think is happening to our beloved software and platform.
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 8:06 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

You know, I believe you're right on both counts. I should add that the second email I recieved from Ilium admitting that the HPC version of eWallet is still available (albeit not supported) was from the same person who write the first email saying there were no HPC versions!

Either he was trying to dissuade me by withholding information because of the points you mention above, or because he was genuinely unaware any HPC version even exists. Whatever the reason, it doesn't look good for HPC users does it?

Anyway, I'm still seeking the elusive 3.1 trial version - it seems that it has been 'eliminated' from the internet! All the download sources I've tried simply link to Ilium's web site and they now only offer the PPC 4.something version for download.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 8:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's a good thing really that I am me and not someone else

Standard: Download (1.34MB)
Pro: Download (2.14MB)
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 9:08 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Once again, C:Amie to the rescue!!!

Thanks
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2005-05-02 8:26 AM

It's a good thing really that I am me and not someone else

Standard: Download (1.34MB)
Pro: Download (2.14MB)

Dear Mr Dependable - Good to know you don't have an identity problem!
 Top of the page
Panos
Panos Page Icon Posted 2005-05-05 1:47 PM
#
What if you have a PocketPC license will it work on the HPC?
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-05 1:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If it's for exactly the same version it should work. I know that Ilium distributed the later versions with seperate installers for HPC/Pocket PC but older versions (up to 2x) may have been both a HPC/PPC package. Can anybody verify this?
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-05-06 9:57 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Panos - 2005-05-05 1:47 PM

What if you have a PocketPC license will it work on the HPC?

Panos

I don't think that the Pocket PC license can be used on the HPC version, but since you are an existing customer, you might send them an email and ask about getting an HPC version. Who know's they may just give you an HPC license - free?

It can't hurt to ask!
 Top of the page
MobileProUser Page Icon Posted 2005-05-12 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah... (Panos here)
I did but no! They wanted me to buy another license. They wouldn't even exchange it with the Palm license I have.
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-12 1:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've just registered eWallet 3.1 for the HPC using Ilium's 'Special Order Form' and would suggest that anybody who wants this software to buy it as soon as possible as judging by the email I received from Ilium it seems they really won't be offering this software (or indeed ANY HPC software) for much longer

Seems that this software will go the same way as those sought after BSquare packages - evaluation versions all over the net but no way to actually buy/register them
 Top of the page
The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 7:57 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks C:Amie! I just finally got the guys at eWallet to sell me the 3.0 version,and you had it free of charge. By the way when I downloaded it onto my J720 I lost the ability to password protect the unit. The eWallet program runs great and I was able to set the password for the program, but not reset the password protection for the unit. What did I do wrong on the download?

The Bishop
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 8:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The downloads here are the trial versions. Not full version.

No Warezing on this site. Not now, not ever.

Top of the page
The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-05-15 9:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Oops! Sorry C:Amie about the insinuation Do you have any idea why I'm having the problem with password protection for my J720 after loading the eWallet? Soft resets are not correcting the problem.

The Bishop
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 6:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Not a problem, just don't want any by chance googlers to get the wrong idea.

I'm afraid that I don't on this one. Are you seeing specific error messages, or just plain old nothing?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11