x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Internet Connection with 620LX does not work

Jornada
Jornada Page Icon Posted 2008-01-17 10:10 PM
#
I have a 620LX with WinCE 2.0, installed SP1 and NSP. All seems fine, when I insert the network card I type ne2000 and the LEDs of the WIFI turns ON but when I open Internet Explorer it does not connect. I use WPC11 2.5 for the LAN WiFi card from Lynksys. Clearly I am missing something. Can any one help ?

Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-18 3:59 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Try typing in prismnds when the 620LX asks for a driver name. But don't get your hopes up - a lot of people are having trouble getting this card to work even in newer versions of Windows CE.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-01-18 6:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I am not sure why you are typing ne2000 into the driver name prompt - if someone told you that then they should be shot. NE2000 is a Novell Chipset driver for Wired Ethernet. It has nothing what so ever to do with WiFi.

You also need to run the configuration for SSID and security before you can connect to the wireless network. So you need to get hold of a CE 2.00 Wireless driver for the card, either from the HCL or the support section - and you may or may not get lucky.
 Top of the page
Jornada
Jornada Page Icon Posted 2008-01-18 10:34 PM
#
It did not worked.
Thanks anyway, seems like I need to dig more.

The LEDs are ON though when I type the ne2000 drivers.

Thanks bud, I appreciate it.
 Top of the page
Jornada
Jornada Page Icon Posted 2008-01-18 10:44 PM
#
Amie, I have seen it somewhere that the WPC11 2.5 works with CE2.0. You are right about it, ne2000 is a driver for a wired network.

Anyway I am buying an Orinoco SIlver, I have seen at the compatibility list that this card works with CE2.0.

I will have soon the Oricoco Silver card. The configuration for SSID and security in this case is coming with the card?

Thanks Amie, you guys are very helpfull.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-01-19 6:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's C:Amie

You simply need to get the correct driver on the device, it will hnadle the SSID configuration etc.
 Top of the page
Jornada
Jornada Page Icon Posted 2008-01-19 8:48 AM
#
C:Amie - 2008-01-19 6:45 AM

It's C:Amie

You simply need to get the correct driver on the device, it will hnadle the SSID configuration etc.

Oups, sorry for the misspelling, my bad.

As soon as I get my Orinoco card I will let you know guys if it works.

Thank you for your time C:Amie, it's great to have you guys around.
 Top of the page
Jornada
Jornada Page Icon Posted 2008-02-28 11:02 PM
#
I just got an Orinoco silver for my Jornada 620Lx. I just love this Jornada with it's large screen.
When I connect to Internet more often than not it freezes. Yesterday I got it to work alot on Internet, but something happened.
Any advices ? I have installed everything I could from hpcfactor.com. The drivers for the Orinoco card are installed from this site. Updates along with SP1 are all installed.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2008-02-29 4:56 AM
#
Hi.

I've had a fair bit of experience with the 620LX. It's the only handheld I've owned to date. I also have the Orinoco Silver. It's a good card. That's the GOOD news.

The bad news is browsing will occassionally freeze your pocket explorer. There's no way around it. Many sites just do not play nice with pocket internet explorer on the 620. You will get to learn which ones are pocket internet explorer happy and which ones are not. Once you freeze up, you have to soft reset the machine. Normal turning off and on will not bring your connection back I've found.

However I found if you increase the cache storage size in the options -> advanced tab to over 35 or 40% and select the option to empty the cache when you exit the program, pocket explorer becomes a little more tolerant. It will not allow you to suddenly surf sites with wild abandon but you will find the freezes happen a little bit less.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Britty 2008-02-29 5:00 AM
 Top of the page
Jornada
Jornada Page Icon Posted 2008-02-29 10:17 PM
#
Thank you for the input.
I might change it with a 720. The 620Lx it's harsh with navigating the internet. Google, hotmail, gmail are not working at all.

So .. see you on the next level ... Jornada 720.

Thanks all for the support.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8