x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How do i add bluetooth to CE 5.0 pmp device?

Vandam Page Icon Posted 2008-01-23 12:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I picked up a generic looking windows ce 5.0 pmp/pda device in china a few weeks ago (<$100!!).

It has a USB port and when i connect my Belkin USB bluetooth dongle it asks for a driver. (the OS control panel doesn't have any bluetooth options like other ce devies i have seen before). The OS does have internet explorer installed though - so i was hoping i could get it online somehow via bluetooth.

Is there a generic ce bluetooth driver i could install, or how could i get this working?

I also picked up an airlive wt-2000 USB wifi dongle that has CE drivers - but nothing happens when i connect this to my device - no driver pop-up etc. so i assume i can't get this to work...?

This is a photo of a very similar looking thing i found online

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-23 5:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you'd probably be better off with SDIO or CF bluetooth / wifi if it has such a slot.

this airlive thing, does it have specifically ce 5.0 drivers for your device's cpu (is it arm or mips?) and did you install the driver at all?
 Top of the page
Vandam Page Icon Posted 2008-01-23 12:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-01-23 5:40 AM

you'd probably be better off with SDIO or CF bluetooth / wifi if it has such a slot.

this airlive thing, does it have specifically ce 5.0 drivers for your device's cpu (is it arm or mips?) and did you install the driver at all?

Thanks cmonex. With SDIO or CF bluetooth i would still have the same problem with installing drivers etc wouldn't i?

Yeah the drivers are ARM, and my device is arm (2007_0103_RT2571W_WinCE5.0_ARM_REL_V1.0.5.1 is driver). I haven't tried installing it before connecting the USB dongle... how would i do that?

the files are;

rt2501usb.bib
RT2501USB.def
RT2501USB.dll
RT2501USB.exp
rt2501usb.inf
RT2501USB.lib
RT2501USB.map
rt2501usb.pdb
rt2501usb.reg
RT2501USB.rel
rt73.bin
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 10:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i recommended those (SDIO and CF) because they usually have drivers for windows ce, not so for most of the USB devices

the files you listed are not really compiled driver files except RT2501USB.dll

try copying this dll to \windows on your device, then insert the card and see what happens.

also, could you copy the contents of the .reg file here?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.217 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 29