x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dynamic Web Page Support in Windows CE

KashyapD
KashyapD Page Icon Posted 2008-01-30 6:22 AM
#
Hi,
I am working as a design engineer in Larsen & Toubro Ltd. India in its Control & Automation division. Currently I am developing a solution based on x86 with Windows CE 6.0 as the operating system.
I am intending to develop web pages which will run on the above device, such that it will take queries from the user (client) which will be accessing those pages trough internet. It is requires to have connectivity with SQL CE Server running on the same device so that the system can process the query received by the client and respond in the form of some useful data which is stored in the database. At the same time the client should also be able to view the data in the graphical form which may be in the form of line chart, pie chart, etc.
What I require in this case is a web server which supports dynamic web pages. But I have realized that Windows CE 6.0 web server does not support dynamic web pages. I have tried Padarn Web Server. Using Padarn I am able to retrieve data which is stored in the database but I am not able to make any additions or delete any data in/from the database using dynamic web pages. At the same time when I try creating a web page for the display of a line chart it gives me some dll file error saying that some component in the dll file is missing.
I would really appreciate if someone could help me solving this problem and suggest me which web server (which can be used on windows CE) I could use so that it meets my requirements.

Thanks….

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-01-30 9:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

IISCE does support a limited subset of ASP, but not a full one by a long-way. The mainidea is that you write the necessary connectivity as an ISAPI in .net and use the extension to perform the page i/o.
 Top of the page
KashyapD
KashyapD Page Icon Posted 2008-01-31 12:10 AM
#
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply to my query.
Sir, I have tried implementing a dynamic web page using ASP.NET (.aspx). Now when I am loading this page into Windows CE device and making the corresponding changes in the WebAdmin and try opening this page from another PC, I am not able to open the page and I get the error “The Page cannot be displayed”.
What according to you can be the problem in this case?

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8