x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

romdumptoCF.exe question

1 2
rwphwp Page Icon Posted 2008-02-05 10:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I took a look at both the flash drive dll and kernel with IDA Pro. I need to read more of the documentation before I can make good sense of them though. Under the functions tab on IDA Pro there are a host of things listed. As far as an ioctl related text string, in the kernel I found oalioctl.

Can the info from the kernel be used to modify either bksamsumg or bkondisk?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-06 2:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

it isn't text strings we are after, it is hard assembly code. are you a programmer otherwise? then i think asm would not be too bad, i can give you some links. BTW i also want to look at this, as it sounds interesting, so we can work together.
oh and somewhere i have some documentation on nand dumping, trueffs, etc.

oalioctl is the stuff bk programs use (KernelIoControl, IOCTL_HAL_something)

you could do that to the bk programs yes, but only if your device's kernel has suitable ioctls for you.

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-06 2:42 AM
 Top of the page
rwphwp Page Icon Posted 2008-02-06 7:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Definitely not a programmer though I wouldn't mind learning C or something similar (social psych grad student, actually). And thanks for taking an interest in this project, I'll pay attention and be a quick study, so as not to waste your time, promise

Here's the flash drive dll, can I email you the compressed kernel? WinRAR got it from 544KB to 175KB with no difference between normal and best compression.

I didn't think of it earlier, but here's a rapid share url for the dump.bin and the extracted dll's and exe's.

http://rapidshare.com/files/89604181/dump1.rar.html

Edited by rwphwp 2008-02-06 7:34 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FLASHDRV.rar (11KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-06 1:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, rapidshare.com doesn't work from here. please upload it to rapidshare.de.

heh social psych, hmm, i've majored in cognitive psych, how funny. anyway do you have some msn address or anything? drop the info to my email, contactchan at freemail.hu
 Top of the page
rwphwp Page Icon Posted 2008-02-06 2:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a skype account. If that suits, I'll pass it on, if not I'll get one for msn.

Here's the link to rapidshare.de:

http://rapidshare.de/files/38508577/dump1.rar.html

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-08 1:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK i got your email. i'd like MSN though
 Top of the page
rwphwp Page Icon Posted 2008-02-12 10:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Did you get the msn info I sent?

Oh, and I found a site on reverse engineering, reverse-engineering.net, that looks more educational than the last one. I'm doing that one for homework in the interim.

Thanks again.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-12 11:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, if the msn info was the email address you sent the email from i added you now.
 Top of the page
rwphwp Page Icon Posted 2008-02-14 9:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is there a time on Sunday that works for you? I've learned some neat things about registers, opcodes, and flags from the reverse-engineering.net site but nothing that will help me determine if that kernel contains useful ioctl's! I have solved some fun reverseme's, though.

If not, enjoy your weekend!

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-15 8:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

usually i'm online in the evening. but haven't received any request from you on msn yet.

what kind of reverseme's?

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-15 8:17 PM
 Top of the page
rwphwp Page Icon Posted 2008-02-15 9:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just took it for granted that you'd be offline by the time I got home from work at 6 pm during the weekdays, with the six hour difference and all. In fact, I'm astounded that you posted at 8 pm GMT-5!

Oh, sorry! I only use the msn on the laptop and I've been on the touch playing around with voip.

Sad to say they're easy reverseme's, one's that come with the answers in case you get stuck. There are some on the reverse-engineering.net site and some on tuts4you.com. This assembly stuff is totally new to me, but it's freaking awesome! Way better than sudoku.

Edited by rwphwp 2008-02-15 9:56 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-16 8:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

that's neat especially the fact you find it more interesting than sudoku. the reverseme's, are they for the ARM processor? though, even if x86, it wont be too hard to learn arm afterwards.
anyway feel free to check msn anytime, there is a chance i'm there, i'm not living by the usual rules

p.s.: got your request now!

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-16 8:09 AM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10