x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

RAM OS image: boot off CF card, dual boot on 900c!

1 2 3 4
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 4:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

two more images for now... and utility soon.

- totally stock ce.net 4.2 image, latest official, OS 2.02 (fixed corruption from first image and kernel is not edited at all, stock NEC kernel)
download:
http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/releases/XIP_RAMOS_stockcenet420_OS202.ZIP

- unbranded cmonex v2.0 (does not have the background image, does not have EVB and thesaurus app), the base rom in kitchen. excellent chance to try it out without flashing!
download:
http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/releases/XIP_RAMOS_cmonexv2KITC.ZIP

- to make it complete, again here's the earlier link to hpc2000 image (excellent chance to play with it!) :
download:
http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/releases/XIP_RAMOS_HPC2000v60.ZIP

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-19 4:19 PM
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 6:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The HPC2000 image gives me a simpe way to test something while the ROM is still CE .NET 4.2. Wonderful work!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 7:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The really nice thing is that your hard reset software works with it, so I don't have to remove the batteries to do the hard rebbot. I just tried it and it worked fine. Then I activesynced and found the new device, and then I installed Microsoft reader on the machine and it ran fine...now why won't it work with CE.NET!!!! Arrrrgh!!!!

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 10:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hehe glad you like the stuff. microsoft reader, hm, could be a new project to work on

just one word of warning, make sure you don't go and flash these XIP.BINs into rom - the result is unpredictable (i accidentally started flashing one RAM OS image, and the bootloader accepted it, but i didn't wait until it started to flash it in, i cut power to the device... though it would probably just crash, but i don't want to risk an overflow or anything)

just use the normal images if you need to flash

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-19 10:02 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-02-20 1:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2008-02-19 4:17 PM

The really nice thing is that your hard reset software works with it, so I don't have to remove the batteries to do the hard rebbot. I just tried it and it worked fine. Then I activesynced and found the new device, and then I installed Microsoft reader on the machine and it ran fine...now why won't it work with CE.NET!!!! Arrrrgh!!!!

Rich

Time for isotherm to develop Reverse Redgear.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-29 8:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2008-02-18 7:02 PM

mr-mac - 2008-02-18 9:38 AM

Nice work...

hmmmm any chance we could get this method to work on Sig3? It would be really handy to try out a ce .net 4.2 OS

sig3 bootloader has to support this - no idea if it does, i can check, but of course doubtful

failing that we might be able to use some haret like utility.

sig3 bootloader does support loading MS BIN into ram. it's intended to load some "tool"...

unfortunately i haven't been able to actually make the bootloader look for the bins on my card... it seems you have to set some hardware to enter this mode. it checks GPIOs, so most likely keyboard, but who knows. need to find out which GPIO does what... maybe i'll check nk.exe for that

if someone feels like pressing keys randomly during boot (might have to be during hard reset, i hope not!!), then

you can use two BIN file names

1) SYFWR**.BIN
2) SYDUMP**.BIN

where ** is two chars of any kind

probably expected on CF card, not on SD (?)

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-29 9:02 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-01 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Cool I will try it....

Do I need bins or is do I just create two dummy files?

John

PS sorted IRC so am on there now

Edited by mr-mac 2008-03-01 12:47 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-05 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

tried soft reset on most single key presses but no luck so far.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-05 7:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah well, i'll soon check, as i said i don't remember if it is one or two keys but most probably two... and also not sure yet if hard reset is required or soft reset is enough
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-06 5:53 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2008-03-06 12:44 AM

ah well, i'll soon check, as i said i don't remember if it is one or two keys but most probably two... and also not sure yet if hard reset is required or soft reset is enough

Nice one

Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2008-03-15 9:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2008-02-19 6:42 AM

Time for isotherm to develop Reverse Redgear.

If redgear works under CE.net that would be awesome - ok, the 900c is a bit bulky, but the full size keyboard, 64mb RAM, USB, and the flashable ROM do go some way to easing the pain

The 900c could become the ultimate HPC platform - cmonex has made great work of the HPC2000 office suite, and PIM is on the way too hopefully. The only thing we would be missing from HPC2000 is some driver support - but these ROM in RAM images at least give us this back (albeit temporarily).

It's just such a shame the screen sucks - when i finally learn to drive i seriously think my 900c is going to become carbound as an mp3 player and perhaps satnav

Top of the page
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 11:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex,

I tried your unbranded cmonex v2.0 rom, it is super fast. I like it so much.

The 900 that I tried your ram os on was bought 2 months ago. It is in very mint condition, but somehow the rom inside was corrupted and can't boot at all. The original rom was cmonex v1.0 rom (it at least boot once before it gone bad) but due to unknown reason it just refused to boot. But today I finally found times and sat down and did it as you described. WOW!! It works! Now I can dual boot..

Now, my question is how do I make the OS permanent in the ROM.....

sfangc
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 2:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sfangc - 2008-03-16 5:50 PM

cmonex,

I tried your unbranded cmonex v2.0 rom, it is super fast. I like it so much.

The 900 that I tried your ram os on was bought 2 months ago. It is in very mint condition, but somehow the rom inside was corrupted and can't boot at all. The original rom was cmonex v1.0 rom (it at least boot once before it gone bad) but due to unknown reason it just refused to boot. But today I finally found times and sat down and did it as you described. WOW!! It works! Now I can dual boot..

Now, my question is how do I make the OS permanent in the ROM.....

sfangc

hey, glad you like the stuff

to make it flashed in rom... i assume you have bootloader 4.10? can you please confirm that?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 2:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

rbsfou - 2008-03-16 3:56 AM

If redgear works under CE.net that would be awesome - ok, the 900c is a bit bulky, but the full size keyboard, 64mb RAM, USB, and the flashable ROM do go some way to easing the pain

The 900c could become the ultimate HPC platform - cmonex has made great work of the HPC2000 office suite, and PIM is on the way too hopefully. The only thing we would be missing from HPC2000 is some driver support - but these ROM in RAM images at least give us this back (albeit temporarily).

It's just such a shame the screen sucks - when i finally learn to drive i seriously think my 900c is going to become carbound as an mp3 player and perhaps satnav

ah, PIM, now that's incentive for rom v2.5 hehehe
thanks for reminding me

as for redgear it will have a cenet version

screen, hmm, new lcd screen project anyone? lol
 Top of the page
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-03-17 3:27 AM

to make it flashed in rom... i assume you have bootloader 4.10? can you please confirm that?

cmonex,

Yes, I confirm the bootloader is 4.10.

Thanks in advance,

sfangc
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10