x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

RAM OS image: boot off CF card, dual boot on 900c!

1 2 3 4
treeguy Page Icon Posted 2008-03-22 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex I am wondering if I might be able to apply any of this to my viewsonic viewpad
100?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-23 12:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

sfangc - 2008-03-17 4:21 AM

cmonex - 2008-03-17 3:27 AM

to make it flashed in rom... i assume you have bootloader 4.10? can you please confirm that?

cmonex,

Yes, I confirm the bootloader is 4.10.

Thanks in advance,

sfangc

OK, in that case just go to http://hpcmonex.net , click on the link in news about custom rom, and download the v2.0 rom,
read the included instructions on how to flash it...

oh but if update.exe for some reason doesn't want to work on a RAM OS (i have never tested), then you can first flash the stock OS using: http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/download.php

then update to v2.0 using the v2.0 rom package and its included instructions.

Edited by cmonex 2008-03-23 12:37 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-23 12:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

treeguy - 2008-03-23 4:27 AM

Cmonex I am wondering if I might be able to apply any of this to my viewsonic viewpad
100?

no idea, if its bootloader supports this.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-23 4:57 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

...but i can help you determine this if i get the time... you can open a new thread on that or send an email (NOT PM!)
 Top of the page
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 4:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-03-23 1:37 PM

OK, in that case just go to http://hpcmonex.net , click on the link in news about custom rom, and download the v2.0 rom,
read the included instructions on how to flash it...

oh but if update.exe for some reason doesn't want to work on a RAM OS (i have never tested), then you can first flash the stock OS using: http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/download.php

then update to v2.0 using the v2.0 rom package and its included instructions.

cmonex,

Thanks so much, I'll try it.

sfangc
 Top of the page
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-04-23 3:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex,

I tried to flash official rom OS4.2 to my MP900 using C+F method. But after it went through the whole process of "Erasing OS" to "Programming OS", then it just stuck at "Programming OS Complete" for a long while. I noticed that the green light did flicker after programming os is completed, but nothing happen after that.

What's wrong with it? I am pretty sure that the bootloader is 4.10 before I tried to flash it.

sfangc

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-23 6:58 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

I assume you did a hard reset when you flashed that rom. what happened then?

and was it only XIP.BIN?

Edited by cmonex 2008-04-23 7:00 AM
 Top of the page
sfangc
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-04-23 10:20 AM
#

After I hard reset my MP900, I followed the instructions at your website...I format the Cf card and I copy the XIP.bin into the root directory and reinsert the battery and press the C+F buttons at the same time. Then it just went through the whole process, like I mentioned in my earlier post. Did it twice but both stuck at the stage of "Programming OS Complete". Can't figure this out.

Just being curious, what will happen if I boot from CF card with both the XIP.bin and the bootloader 4.10 using C+F method, even though the existing bootloader is already 4.10? Will it damage MP900? You have warned many times in your instruction not to do this...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok so it still boots to bootloader but won't boot OS. and you say the XIP.BIN the stock cenet 4.2 one.

(note, the rom v2.0 will NOT flash from C+F method.)

to answer your question about bootloader flash: your OS flash issue will NOT be fixed by reflashing the bootloader from CF card. definitely do not even try flashing a bootloader update now. let me know which XIP.BIN it is, give me filesize of it in bytes, then we can go from there.

again, do not flash a bootloader now!! before we confirm some more things!

one important thing to check out: it is possible that your bootloader is corrupt in flashing routines! this is another reason why I say do not flash a bootloader file now.
you're able to boot a RAM OS, yes? then we can check if your bootloader is intact or not.
can you please run this program for me: http://hpcmonex.net/roms/dump-0x0-0x800000_intoRAM.zip

this will create a 8MB file, zip it and upload it somewhere so I can see it! thanks

Edited by cmonex 2008-04-24 12:33 AM
 Top of the page
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 11:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CMONEX,

The XIP.BIN file that I used was from the zip file named "updatekit_OS2_02_bootl_4_10.ZIP" downloaded from your website. The size of the XIP.BIN is 26,908,915 bytes.

The ROM.DUMP file from my MP900 is only 7.05MB and not 8MB. Here is the download link
http://depositfiles.com/files/4944585.

I checked the firmware - it is bootloader 4.10.

Thanks.

NB: The RAM OS that I used was from XIP_RAMOS_cmonexv2KITC.ZIP.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 4:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the dump. I checked it and the bootloader is intact. I also see the OS is flashed in.

can you try another dump for me, this time it would be 32MB, onto Storage Card, so have a card inserted please:

http://hpcmonex.net/roms/romdumptoCF.zip
 Top of the page
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 11:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can only upload the second ROM dump when I get back home later tonight.

On the RAM OS, I notice that my MP900 lost the RAM OS when I leave it overnight. I mean I can't power on my MP900. I remember you mentioned that the RAM OS should stay in the RAM until next hard reset.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-26 6:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

any luck with uploading it?
 Top of the page
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-04-26 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CMONEX,

I could not do the dump rom earlier because my MP900 lost power totally when I left it overnight. It refused to power on even when I tried with a new battery or with charger plugged in. It won't charge any battery either. The RAM OS I used was from XIP_RAMOS_cmonexv2KITC.ZIP. This was the second time it happened.

After I left it idle for two nights, I tried again yesterday night it can boot from the RAM OS from
XIP_RAMOS_stockcenet420_OS202.ZIP.

Here is the download link for the 32MB ROM DUMP file - http://depositfiles.com/files/4990045 .

sfangc
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-02-15 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

My MP900 CE3 now only boots to its initial screen with MP Logo and NEC MobilePro sign. It ended up with this situation when it was going thru the flashing process and failed on power. It still boots using RAM OS CE3. So the bootloader should be 4.10. Any suggestions to recover this MP? Thanks.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10