x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

where are embedded visual c++ header files?

trips
trips Page Icon Posted 2008-02-20 2:38 AM
#
Heya,

I downloaded the free embedded visual c++ from microsoft.com and have tried to make a small app that just copies a file from one location to another, source code basically copied from a vc++ app.
I have main.h as an include file but when I try to complie the app i get an error about a missing header file- does embedded c++ not come with any?
Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2008-02-20 3:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You need the appropriate SDK - for EVC3 use the HPC 2.11 SDK. For EVC4, the standardsdk is proibably your best bet, however some stuff (such as control panel applet API defs) are missing from the standard SDK IIRC.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2008-02-25 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

What do you mean by "I have main.h as an include file" ? That's not the header it's complaining about, is it? That's not a standard header file, and it's not clear to me why you'd be telling us you included it, because it does't matter what you call your header files.

You should do
#include <windows.h>
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-25 7:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

or, of course, you can use hpc2000 SDK too for EVC3 if you don't need hpc pro compatibility
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2008-02-26 2:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Of course you could. But you wouldn't get an emulator included with that SDK, hence I recommend using the 2.11 SDK .
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9