x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Web browser?

Maxim Page Icon Posted 2008-02-24 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I bought an HP 360LX recently, one of those Portuguese ones that go for $45. I've been trying to get the most fun I can out of it; I've already bought an Orinoco Gold card and found a bunch of games that work with it. That was fun, like a treasure hunt.

But I've had trouble finding any kind of web browser that would work on an H/PC running WinCE 2.0. Is there such a thing?

This one's a gamble, I imagine, but also, is there anywhere I can get this DOOM4CE 1.0? The one, where in another post here, someone claimed it worked on a grayscale H/PC running WinCE 1.0. Even if it's a commercial product, I'd gladly pay a couple of bucks to see THAT.
 Top of the page
Maxim Page Icon Posted 2008-02-24 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It appears that the guy who was talking about DOOM4CE working in Windows CE 1.0 was wrong. There is a separate program, DoomCE, which only plays Episode 1 of DOOM that works on grayscale HPCs, and is available from http://revolution.cx/DoomCE.htm

Maybe if I'm feeling lucky, I'll ask the guy who made DoomCE if I can take a peek at the source code and see if there's anything I'd be able to do.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-02-24 6:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The only Web browser available for CE 2.0 is the onboard Pocket Internet Explorer (version 2.0).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9