x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compact Flash compability issues and etc.

Nimel Page Icon Posted 2008-02-25 1:26 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

As requested by C:Amie, I´m opening a thread here.

Best regards, Nivea

C:Amie - 2008-02-24 8:55 AM

Nimel - 2008-02-22 1:56 PM

Hi,

I would like to do a suggestion, if it´s not at the proper place, please feel free to move this post to where it would belong.

First of all, thanks to all HPCfactor team and heavy users to help us all, HPCfactor is a wonderful website, I feel safer to use my j720 now that I found it.

I had a similar doubt when trying to buy a newer CF card and while there are very good pages explaining the differences between CF cards and explaining many things I think it would be very good to have a simple statement at the begining of the CF card hardware compability page or at the begining of the aforementioned pages saying that any CF card will work at j720, but above 2Gb it will have to be formated to fat32. The faster ones would not be so fast, but they will work.

Thank you a lot for your help,
Sincerely,
Nivea.

Please make a thread under HPC:Factor Related Discussion outlining your idea and we'll feedback there.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Willem Page Icon Posted 2008-03-12 12:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry to bother again, but I tried to enlarge the memory of my J728.
Based on all readings I conclude that a CF type I card (2GB) seems a good choice since it enlarges the memory by a factor of 30.

Problem is that I also have :
-->a PC Card type II ('ADAPTEC USB2connect for notebooks' which has 2 USB slots), and
-->a 8 GB USB stick.
Unfortunately the PCMCIA card with my USB memory stick is not recognised by my J728. (it fits but no more than that)

Am I expecting to much?
What have I done wrong?
Anyone who was succesfull to enlarge the memory with a USB stick?

Willem

Edited by Willem 2008-03-12 12:53 PM
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-12 3:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, you're expecting too much. That PC card is a CardBus card, which isn't supported by H/PC 2000. (You can tell it's CardBus by the gold band along the inserted end.)
Willem Page Icon Posted 2008-03-12 4:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ThX for your quick answer. Then I'll decide to buy the CF one.
BR
BTW HPC factor is awesome
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-12 11:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-03-13 6:43 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nimel,

This is not an unreasoanble request by any means, and it is certainly possible for me to add category prompts - similar to the information that you get in certain sections of the forum here (hpcbay being one).

I have no plans to undertake any engine work on the HCL at the moment, however I shall add this to the list of things to do with my compliments

Willem,

Please do not hijack other peoples thread, this forum is NOT a technical support one. Please post in one of the actual tech support forums.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10