x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ales Dlabac
Ales Dlabac Page Icon Posted 2004-10-20 6:29 PM
#

I have simple question, how to get rid of unwanted folders in default mail proggie on HPC 2000? I have deleted all of my services but no one folder was removed and I don't know how to delete them. I know that ActiveSync folder couldn't be removed but ohers can, can't they?

TIA

Ales Dlabac
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-20 6:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm a little confused.

You've deleted all the services, so all you should have is:
ActiveSync¬
- Deleted (local)
- Inbox
- Outbox
- Sent

If you have:
ActiveSync¬
- Deleted (local)
- Inbox
--- Folder 1
--- Folder 2
--- Folder 3
- Outbox
- Sent

Highlight the Folder name that you want to delete and choose Delete from the File menu.

Other than that I'm afraid I'm not 100% with you.
 Top of the page
Ales Dlabac
Ales Dlabac Page Icon Posted 2004-10-21 5:33 AM
#

Problem is that after removing services folders of that services didn't disappear.

So I have ActiveSync (default) containing 4 subs - this is ok no problem

but now also have IMAP4 Mail folder (containing 4 subfolders), POP3 Mail (containing 4 sub) and couple another folders which can not be deleted because after selecting folder delete function is grayed out. These folder was created by services itself not me.

I really don't know how to delete it.

Any help appreciated

Ales Dlabac

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-24 3:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ales,

Ok that's what I thought but I went for the simplest task first.

Get hold of a copy of Tascal Regedit (TRE)

Exit inbox

and in TRE navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PMail\ServiceInfo\

Under that delete the stray services

Exit TRE and soft reset. The srays should be gone.
 Top of the page
Ales Dlabac
Ales Dlabac Page Icon Posted 2004-10-26 10:18 AM
#

Hi,

I already deleted services in registry. But folders in Mail still remains. Somewhere must be place with this information about folders. I scanned via registry and found no link with these folders.

Thank you for your asistance

Ales Dlabac

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-26 12:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Aleš

It must be stuck in the inbox database then.

There isn't anything else in the registry.

In Inbox ensure that in the Address tab in options none of the services are ticked.

If you have a backup created when it was working, I recommend restoring back to it.

What I think has happened is that you have a slightly corrupted Inbox and MSMail database on the device. The message parameters are displaying still so the Inbox app is attempting to read them.

You could try recreating the accounts bit perfect, resynching them with the mail server, clearing it out - including manually emptying the large attachments folder in \Program Files\Applications. Then deleting them again.

I had a rummage around my Inbox detabase and there are a number of corrupted email entries still sitting in there for quite some time back. They don't exist in Inbox itself.
The difficulty here is that deleting the data from the inbox database is not a good idea. You'll most likely break the index and force a hard reset.
Second option is to delete the inbox database completly. However I'm very sure that doing so will cause fire and brimstone to reign from the sky, as its a process called pagstart creates these databases - and that only runs at first boot. If CE refuses to recreate it afterwards, you'll have to hard reset anyway to get it back.

I also have found this utility that runs a repair operation on the ce3 inbox:
http://www.casio.com/downloads/consumer_devices/inboxrepair.zip

It isn't for hpc2000. It may work, it may not. It may make things worse. I don't know. Everything here is your call.
 Top of the page
Ales Dlabac
Ales Dlabac Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 3:22 AM
#

Wow , you are pretty experienced with Inbox things. I will give a try and I want to say big "thank you" for your amazing info/help. If everything fails I will do hard reset.

Best regards

Ales Dlabac
 Top of the page
Ales Dlabac
Ales Dlabac Page Icon Posted 2004-10-31 12:12 PM
#

I have partialy remove my probs by clearing PMAILDB2 database which contains acount folders but my Mail Attachments folder could not be move to my Storage card. Probably I accidentaly broke link between registry key and folder location

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-31 2:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

the settings are stored in HKLM\PMail\Attachments

There are 4 strings in there as follows:

TopDir = Program Files
MiddleDir = Pocket Outlook
BottomDir = Mail Attachments
OldMiddleDir = Communication

Perhaps you can reconstruct it