x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help with CE5 satnav unlock

1 2 3
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi,

Was looking for some help unlocking my Route 66 Maxi satnav to a CE 5 desktop

I have a registry editor that works over activesync but can't find any info on these units online...

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

At the moment I am trying to figure out what files and registry settings i need to adjust to get the CE dektop to display then I can look at installing some apps.

Thanks

John.

PS my unit doesn't hard reset when off and has a soft re-set button as well... Need to do a combo of reset button and power switch to hard re-set the unit....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 2:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

that depends on the exact model

but first try to look under HKLM/Init
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Had a look and I see the following

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
"Launch20"="device.exe"
"Launch30"="gwes.exe"
"Depend30"=hex:14,00
"Launch60"="services.exe"
"Depend60"=hex:14,00
"Launch50"="CeLauncher35.exe"
"Depend50"=hex:14,00,1e,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
"SystemHive"="save\system.hv"
"ProfileDir"="save\"
"Flags"=dword:0000000f
"RegistryFlags"=dword:00000002
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex, you on irc? Would this be easier on there? Only if it's ok and you have enough time (well you never have enough but you know what I mean)

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-17 3:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well,

I figured out there was an app on the flash disk called PNAshell which loads the app. I changed the ini for pnashell to get it to call explorer... but that ended up with a file explorer that re-opened when you closed it.

cmonex, the star that she is, wrote me up a quick exe that starts explorer.exe as a service. Replaces PNAshell with new exe and I have a CE5 desktop. I can run the navigator from there.

My next hurdle is when it boots directly into navigator there is a slide switch marked on and off.. If I slide it to off it suspends the unit. If I boot into CE however the on off switch no longer puts it into suspend.... Which is ok when I am in CE as I can suspend through start menu (if swith is on when I suspend it turns on again straight away and if it's off it stays in suspend). Trouble is when you run the navigation app from CE the switch stays disabled so the only way to switch off is by turning the switch to off then soft reset.

If anyone has any idea why hardware switch disables and how to get working I would be very pleased.

Cheers

John

Edited by mr-mac 2008-03-17 3:41 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-17 5:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok the Suspend switch now seems to be working....

Not sure what has changed. The only small downside now is I need to soft-reset to get back into CE from navigation but that's not really a big problem at all and is easy to live with.

Going to go through all the CE5 files and try and pop all the ones for required apps on the SD card and see if I can get some usefull apps working. Will defo try out TCPMP as well and see what it's media duties are like.

So if anyone buys a Route 66 Mini or Maxi satnav unit and would like details and the file cmonex did for me feel free to drop me a PM.

John
 Top of the page
Wiktor
Wiktor Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 5:27 AM
#
hi i have problem with my route 66 maxi i can't change mass storage to activesync , please help me
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 5:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'll check mine tonight... and look through some of the config files...

John

PS I have a feeling mine goes back to activesync after a soft reset. Will confirm later
 Top of the page
Wiktor
Wiktor Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 5:54 AM
#
soft reset nothing changed (button reset) , i was removed batery for a moment and still nothing
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 7:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

You sure it's a maxi as battery is internal???

IIRC a hard reset is soft-reset button with a move of the on/off switch moved while soft re-set is done but think the setting will be on the software that is on the SD or flash disk.

I will check tonight

john
 Top of the page
Wiktor
Wiktor Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 7:29 AM
#
normally you can't remove batery , but i was opened my navi , and remove batery , i'll try that idea with reset + switch
 Top of the page
Wiktor
Wiktor Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 7:34 AM
#
still nothing , but i thing i now when that happend , i was upgrade gps , with soft from 66.com , maybe i need downgrade that , but i haven't old version
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 7:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I upgraded fine.... maybe the issue though as I think it said to be totally sure it is in activesync mode before you do the upgrade....

I don't think there is a downgrade firmware....
 Top of the page
Wiktor
Wiktor Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 1:46 PM
#
all the rest changes i was make on sd card only that upgrade make same changes in navi system so i think this is a problem , if i have that prevorius version of gps module i can flash that the same like i was upgrade that
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 2:52 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Those settings are likely on the SD.... as it looks for software on the SD first

Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 8