x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Casio MC 20 full CE 2.12

ChrBeck
ChrBeck Page Icon Posted 2008-03-17 8:54 AM
#
Hello,

first: I'm sorry if my English isn't very good.

I've got a Casio Message Cam. Near the main Battery, there is a bage that tells me that I've got a full Version of Windows CE 2.12. Because I wanted to know how I can get it and not the embedded System I phoned Casio Germany. They told me that the full CE is in the ROM. But they haven't knewn how to use it.
Now my question:
How can I use this full CE? I hacked the Device but I can only see the RAM but not the ROM. What things must I do to use it?

Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-17 12:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex has the stuff you need on her site:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

Look for a link near the bottom of the page.

Edited by CE Geek 2008-03-17 12:54 PM
 Top of the page
ChrBeck
ChrBeck Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 3:32 AM
#
If you mean the Hacking Package:

If used it but there is on setingspanel or something like this. There is also no chance to see icons on the desktop and in the taskbar.

If you mean a ROM tool:

The ROM tools aren't able to read out the ROM on my message cam. They always read out the RAM.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 12:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The Hacking Package was what I was referring to. I used the same package on my dear departed Pocket PostPet, and I ran into the same limitations. I had to live without system tray icons, but SQ did make a nice replacement for the desktop:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA003011/

There may be a way to create a Control Panel, but I haven't figured that out yet.

When it says "full CE 2.12," that's a bit misleading. CE 2.12 wasn't a platform release - it was used strictly for embedded systems like in these devices, so it lacks many of the APIs/DLLs of H/PC Pro. Unfortunately, these devices also have pretty small RAM, so there's also little room for runtime libraries like eVB.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 12:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ChrBeck - 2008-03-18 9:32 AM

The ROM tools aren't able to read out the ROM on my message cam. They always read out the RAM.

yeah exactly and the tool i wrote to dump mips devices' roms just shuts down with illegal error msg

i'll try later with a new version of the tool ... it works fine on any other mips device ive tested it on and ive tried it on a lot of models!
 Top of the page
ChrBeck
ChrBeck Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 3:21 AM
#
If you are interested in the original shell:

You just have to copy explorer.exe CESHELL.dll and ASFORM.dll in the windows folder in theRAM of your device. That works. But there are no tray icons and much dll files are missing. There is also no control panel.
Now one Question:

Can anyone upload the control panel of CE 2.11 or 2.12?
I need it too change settings because the Casio setting files can not run on the original shell.

Too cmonex:

Where can I download the new ROM dumper. If you post a link I can test it on the message cam.

Edited by ChrBeck 2008-03-19 3:23 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 4:17 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ChrBeck - as for explorer, that's been described in my posts and hacking package but yeah that's all you need basically except you need a new onscreen keyboard which is also included in package

control panel, no idea, good question, they are mostly CPL files so DLLs and not sure if i have time to sort out MIPS relocations in the near future to dump these from ROMs but i will try my best as i'm interested in that sort of stuff anyway

until then use the registry to change settings

new romdumper needs to be written first
 Top of the page
ChrBeck
ChrBeck Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 6:56 AM
#
too cmonex:

If found an control panel as exe file in one off your dll packages (I think it was the epod package). But it can only change regional settings and if I try to change them the panel shuts down because it can't cange the reginal settings because they are written in a dll made by Casio and not somewhere else.

If I have got a complete Win CE 2.11 or 2.12 Package I could search what I need but I know it is not legal to download one.

P.S. can someone load up the files that are needed to use the open dialog in much programms? This files are also missing in the massage cam.

Edited by ChrBeck 2008-03-19 6:58 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-20 12:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

exactly, the rest of the control panel is in CPL's.

as for fileopen dialog, i'm afraid you need a better coredll or maybe it's ceshell that handles it? tfgbd remembers all this stuff, not me.

Edited by cmonex 2008-03-20 12:44 AM
 Top of the page
ChrBeck
ChrBeck Page Icon Posted 2008-03-20 3:49 AM
#
OK,

can you upload the complet control panel? I will go and search a better coredll and ceshell.dll.

And can you upload pocket office for ce 2.11?

One other question. Why is the ROM bigger than the RAM. Everything needed to use the System is written in RAM during the initalisation progress.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8