x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

File tranfer via infrared to PC

mas27
mas27 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 12:50 AM
#
Can anyone help me find out how I can send files via infrared from a HP 300LX to a desktop PC. I would very much appreciate it. thnks!
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 1:54 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi mas27. You will need an Infrared adapter on the PC (unless it has one built in - most laptops do but not so common on desktop PC's). There are many available, if you're on a budget try eBay for a cheap/used one. Basically the adapter connects to the desktop via serial or USB. Once you have the adapter installed on the desktop you can send files to and from your handheld. If you want to convert the desktop files for use on the handheld you will also need Microsoft ActiveSynch - a free download available from Microsoft.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 7:43 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to CE 1 Support

The 300LX is a CE 1.0 device, not a H/PC Pro device.
As there is no IrOBEX support for CE1, you will need to use H/PC Explorer's sync client to connect the device. See Sync Software in the top navigation for a download link.
If you are using Windows 2000 or XP go into Support and into the H/PC Explorer guides for instructions on how to connect with those OS's.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-12 12:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Isn't any of the OBEX clients available for CE1? (Ez-OBEX, TC, etc). If not, can you use IrCOMM in your desktop?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-12 8:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I don't know how to maniplate the IrCOMM file transfer layer from the host pc. It's possible to connect, but to actually move data requires something provided through the sync app.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore - 2005-07-12 6:30 AM

Isn't any of the OBEX clients available for CE1? (Ez-OBEX, TC, etc). If not, can you use IrCOMM in your desktop?

TC isn't. i don't know ez-obex..
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 7:21 PM
#
I can send various data (Pocket Office files, etc...) between MY 320LX Palmtop PC and other infrared-enabled equipment... WITHOUT the use of third-party software!

Although I haven't tried a (desktop) PC, I would imagine that I COULD send data to it without third-party software, considering I can send data to Pocket PCs and the like with third-party software...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

do you initiate the sending from the pocket pc (in the right compatibility mode for earlier wince devices)? then it will work of course.
but generally ir-obex or some common protocol is needed. as far as i'm aware
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 2:45 AM
#
I initiate the sending of the file from the Handheld PC, however I have to click the "receive infrared from an older Pocket PC 2000 or Handheld PC" thing first (on the receiving Pocket PC that is)...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 7:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yes, that's the point, that compatibility mode
with ir-obex you don't have to worry, if the other device supports a hpc compatibility mode
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10