x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

USB to Serial Converter for Netbook Pro

Ramman
Ramman Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 7:19 AM
#
Does anybody know of a USB to serial (RS232) converter that works on a PSion Netbook Pro.

I have tried many with no luck. Either the Netbook recognises they are attached but there is no driver for WinCe.Net Or They have drivers but the Netbook connot see the converter.

Any help would be much appreciated.
 Top of the page
Martyn
Martyn Page Icon Posted 2005-05-11 10:32 AM
#
Hi, I just received my netbook pro this afternoon, having done both the latest OS upgrade and the USB patch for WinXP I saw your question and if what you want to do is go from PC USB to netbook Pro RS232 then it may help you to know that the RS232 conector looks identical to HP's standard conector that links directly to the PPC's they produce but what's wrong with using the USB port on your NetBook Pro?
 Top of the page
ramman
ramman Page Icon Posted 2005-05-11 10:57 AM
#
The problem I have is that I need to be able to connect from the PSion Netbook Pro to a console port of Cisco Switches (RS232). This could be done either with a USB to serial converter or if I can find out the pin-outs for the Psion RS232 port then I could use that.

I have been able to connect from thUSB port of the PSion to my laptop.

Thanks for any Help.
 Top of the page
ramman
ramman Page Icon Posted 2005-05-11 11:00 AM
#
Martyn,

I notice that you say you have upgraded to the latest OS patch. Which version is this?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Martyn Page Icon Posted 2005-05-11 2:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

File name Description Eng. reference Date code

nbkproCE.img WinCE image, International 1000932-309.img J124p
nbkprobt.img BooST image 1000981-311.img K304p
nbkpropc.img PCon image 1000985-311.img K304q
nbkpro.img Upgrade Script

These are the ref's taken from the readme file downloaded from Psion's download site can't remember what date it was but the Boost and PCon files were the major upgrades, as I said this was a new machine.
 Top of the page
Martyn Page Icon Posted 2005-05-18 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I think I just found the cable your looking for!

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=111250

Let me know if this helps.

currant price £18.95
 Top of the page
ramman
ramman Page Icon Posted 2005-05-19 2:58 AM
#
Thanks for this Martyn.

I have emailed tech support to confirm if this is compatible. I am getting a bit frustrated with companies assuring me their product will work and then it doesn't and suddenly they don't want to know.

I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Ramman
 Top of the page
Martyn Page Icon Posted 2005-05-19 8:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Another find!

http://www.socketcom.com/product/serial.asp

found these alternatives while downloading newer drivers for my BlueTooth CF Card
 Top of the page
Gilbert
Gilbert Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 4:32 AM
#
Driver for RS232/USB cable is available on teklogix site. But the speed is rather low 57600 kbps
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9