x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEW Jlime prerelease files for HP Palmtop 620lx / 660lx

rafa Page Icon Posted 2008-03-28 9:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey 620 / 660 users, hi, there are news:

* We (Jlime dev team) have built a new kernel for 620lx/660lx (the best so far).
It is the latest 2.6.24 kernel. What works?

- Everything work (touchscreen/pcmcia/sound/keyboard/compact flash)
- Suspend: there is not real suspend. Power button turns off the screen and puts hd64461 companion chip on standby.

* We have a nice IceWM userland (thanks to B_lizzard) with lot of useful applications: gimp,
abiword, konqueror, xpdf, dillo, many games, etc.

If you would like to try a modern operating system on a HP Palmtop
620lx / 660lx use the links below:

How-to : http://devfiles.jlime.com/Development/developers/rafa/620-660/howto.html

All files: http://devfiles.jlime.com/Development/developers/rafa/620-660/

We want feedback to improve our work, so please, tell us if all is ok or if you find problems.
 Top of the page
rba1204
rba1204 Page Icon Posted 2008-06-16 10:35 PM
#
Dear Rafa,
I can not go into the links you gave in your post.
It gave me an error 404 server not found.
Can you correct it, please
Thanks for your support

Top of the page
rafa Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 12:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, sorry. The new link is http://fz.hobby-site.org/hp660lx/jlime-stable/
(also you will find there all the files)

We will upload that documentation to jlime.com soon.

Regards
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2008-09-17 1:00 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

*reads instructions*

Hmm....not going to be able to install that from a Windows box, am I?
 Top of the page
rafa Page Icon Posted 2008-09-17 1:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

SirThoreth - 2008-09-17 1:00 AM

*reads instructions*

Hard to say. You need to create an ext2 file system and a swap partition on compact flash and perhaps windows does not have tools for that.

Another idea could be to install jlime using a Linux live CD on PC so you can use a Linux on PC without to install it.

Regards

Edited by rafa 2008-09-17 1:22 AM
 Top of the page
AndrewMoorhouse
AndrewMoorhouse Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 5:48 PM
#
rafa - 2008-09-16 6:21 AM

SirThoreth - 2008-09-17 1:00 AM

*reads instructions*

Hard to say. You need to create an ext2 file system and a swap partition on compact flash and perhaps windows does not have tools for that.

Another idea could be to install jlime using a Linux live CD on PC so you can use a Linux on PC without to install it.

Regards

Hi

well I would LOVE to go the linux way on my hp620....BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! Yep a dam long BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Have being TRYING and I do mean TRYING to install/copy the files to the ext2 partition but always fails saying I do not have the correct permissions or similar.. Have tried 3 live disks (knoppix,ubuntu,dynibolics) and NONE would allow me to copy the jlime system files. It's SO DAM annoying as have everything else sorted out(partitions etc). And am not prepared to install linux for the purpose of simply copying these files over. Just not worth the time nor effort.... So if those of you out there who are using jlime on the HPC have managed to do so installing via windows PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE gives us a hand and help as jlime would seem to be the life my HP620 needs before it's consigned to the bin for ever more.....

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
rafa
rafa Page Icon Posted 2008-11-25 8:14 PM
#
AndrewMoorhouse - 2008-11-24 5:48 PM

well I would LOVE to go the linux way on my hp620....BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! Yep a dam long BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Have being TRYING and I do mean TRYING to install/copy the files to the ext2 partition but always fails saying I do not have the correct permissions or similar.. Have tried 3 live disks (knoppix,ubuntu,dynibolics) and NONE would allow me to copy the jlime system files. It's SO DAM annoying as have everything else sorted out(partitions etc). And am not prepared to install linux for the purpose of simply copying these files over. Just not worth the time nor effort.... So if those of you out there who are using jlime on the HPC have managed to do so installing via windows PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE gives us a hand and help as jlime would seem to be the life my HP620 needs before it's consigned to the bin for ever more.....

regards
Andrew

Andrew, please go to #jlime channel chat at irc.freenode.net for a couple of days and ask us about your problem on live.
I mean, try to install and when you get the problem chat at the same moment with us. We are always there to help.

BTW, sometimes problems with permissions are because you need to be root.
In ubuntu and other you need to run "sudo su -" in a terminal to get the root id (root is the administrator user). After that try to create partitions and to copy.

But, again, if you can't get root id or you can't install go to #jlime channel at irc.freenode.net.

I am online short times there these days, but if I am not there other guys know all the process.

Regards
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 29