x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ANN: Anticipated e-mail outage & mail server downtime

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-03-31 5:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Insurgent has this afternoon informed me that he is at a stage where he can switch over the mail server we are using from the current one onto the new, more relabile (touch wood) version, complete with EBL/CBL filtering.

This is going to mean that:

1) There will be a mail server outage over this period, so no forum updates for up to 72 hours.

2) Site email services will not work until such a time that the code has been rewritten - this can only take place after the switch over.

3) ALL HPCFACTOR.COM mail accounts will cease to function - including my ones! We are not going to be using a migration strategy from one server to the other, instead we are going to use a ground up rebuild.
Consequently, if you have an @HPCFACTOR.COM mail address, and you want to continue to use it, you need to contact ME and ask me to reactivate it for you (which I will on request).

It is up to Insurgent when this takes place, hopefully he can post back here and let us the board know in advance if he has an opportunity.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8