x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless on a 680e?

\~{Foolery}~/
\~{Foolery}~/ Page Icon Posted 2004-10-21 7:34 AM
#
Hi again,
As you can see I've decided to register now!

OK, heres the query. Still waiting for my Jornada to appear so I cant test this. I have a Lucent/Agere/Orinoco WaveLAN Silver card. This has been used in my Newton MessagePad 2000 for about a year without fail.

Now, i've found the driver for it for CE 2.11 Pro but I don't know how well it's going to work! I have a WiFi network at home, pushing my broadband connection around. BUT, its WEP encrypted!

Can anyone tell me whether these wireless drivers support WEP? Otherwise i'm going to have to turn it off every time I want to use my Jornada online!!!

Cheers
Tom
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-21 10:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi, and officially welcome to the forums.

The Orinoco Silver has 40-bit WEP in the driver (where as the Gold has 128-bit). So long as your WAP can accept 40-bit encryption not just 128-bit. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Drivers can also be found in the HCL.
 Top of the page
\~{Foolery}~/
\~{Foolery}~/ Page Icon Posted 2004-10-21 10:27 AM
#
C-Amie,
Brilliant, thanks for that. I already have my router on 40 Bit Hex WEP mainly because of the terrible driver that I had to use on my Newton!!

Thanks again

Tom
 Top of the page
\~{Foolery}~/
\~{Foolery}~/ Page Icon Posted 2004-10-24 3:12 PM
#
If anyone is retiscent about the use of WiFi on a HPC, don't be! It's actually a lot better than some XP drivers and is a hell of a lot better than the newest version of PPC!!!!

Regards
Tom
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-24 3:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I take it it all worked ok then
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8