x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

installing Orinoco Gold PC Card on Jornada 680

luuzr
luuzr Page Icon Posted 2008-04-15 8:52 AM
#
Hi, can you please help me? I've downloaded the WiFi Orinoco Gold PC Card drivers for Win CE 2.11 and placed this on Jornada 680, but the setup can't be run, even on my PC which I tried. How can I install the drivers? I have not got the data cable for synchronization with PC and I can't even connect it via infra port. I copy all data using CompactFlash reader. Is it possible to install the drivers somehow? Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-04-15 2:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Handheld PC Professional Support

Go to this page:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp

Click on the link near the bottom of the page under "Handheld PC Professional." This will download the full driver ZIP package. Once it's downloaded, unzip it and look for another ZIP file within it called Inflated.zip. Unzip that and look for a CAB file called wireless.10003.CAB. Copy that onto the 680 (either through ActiveSync or using a Compact Flash card), then navigate to the CAB file in My Handheld PC on the 680. Double-tap on the CAB file, and it will install itself. (Tap "OK" when it asks where you want to install it, to let it install to the default location.)
 Top of the page
luuzr
luuzr Page Icon Posted 2008-04-15 4:48 PM
#
Hello, thanks, but there was no wireless.10003.CAB file in the archive inflated.zip. It included the following files only:

wireless.i486
wireless.R3000
wireless.R4100
wireless.SA1100
wireless.SH3
wireless.SH4

I tried to install SH3, because that was the only file that was accepted. But after soft restart it still says that the driver is not loaded...

is the SH3 file correct? if it is, what should I do next? thanks

loser
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-04-15 8:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sorry, I remembered it wrong. It is the SH3 one. (10003 is a numeric code for SH3.)

Give it about a minute after inserting the card, so it can locate the IP address from the network.

Edited by CE Geek 2008-04-15 8:11 PM
 Top of the page
luuzr
luuzr Page Icon Posted 2008-04-16 2:46 AM
#
hello, the card seems not to be working at all, I run the Agere client and it says that driver is not loaded (Bld 881) and wireless card not available, the previous cisco client the card successfully, it should be working...
 Top of the page
luuzr
luuzr Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 7:19 AM
#
Hello, the card works already, but it can't obtain an IP address when connecting to a network. I tried a couple of different networks with no success. Should I use a different client program? Or how should I set data security? What should I enter to the 4 wep key fields? Thanks.
 Top of the page
mmilk Page Icon Posted 2021-07-20 8:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi. I got problem with a download of ZIP files from here

https://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/details.asp?r={E90C2D34-8DC2-4C86-88D6-40644B1FC4C1}

mention in previous post. Are those links inactive ?

Has someone a CAB file with driver for Orinoco Gold Wifi PCMCIA Driver for Windows CE 2.11 (Jornada 680) ?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-07-21 12:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Downloads are only available to repeated participants in the forums here, or to those who donate toward helping maintain this site. We do this to encourage participation and discourage people from registering as members solely for the purpose of downloading content, since maintaining that content here costs money. See here for more details:

https://www.hpcfactor.com/info/help/membership/why/#download
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-07-25 4:08 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Well said CEGeek. Takes a good deal of effort and cash to keep the HPCFactor alive and breathing!

I realize it is time for me to contribute with the HCL here... there are no CF type I or SD cards listed AFAIK, not to mention adapters, etc. Time to "give back."

Eventually hope to have the HPCFactor host some of the great Devuan OS images some of us are now creating, if acceptable... sort of like the MP900 ROM/ CMonex rom upgrades. Talking less than 400 Mb. Writing this now on my Jornada 720 with WPA wifi,for example... dual boots with WinCE, etc. A donation to HPCFactor should be required IMO.

This place is definitely bargain priced!

joval
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10