x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My new ASUS Eee

1 2 3
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2008-05-16 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I forgot the best part about the monitor... It will only cost $20!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2008-05-16 1:35 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Crud, I just found out that it was only a 14" screen But for only $20 I guess I'll be ok.

I knew it was too good to be true...
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 12:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Been toying with the idea of getting an eeePC... if so, most likely the new 900....

Just posted for sale on the forums, the new HTC Uni and Nokia N810 that I recently splurged on to help fund this new toy.... I mean tool....

Also, have thought about the ol' PSION Netbook Pro as it's instant on and now linux is possible and is similar size..... although the eeePC is has much more memory, storage, built-in WiFi, etc.....

Any thoughts????

Thanks!

Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 11:03 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I connected the 14" monitor to the Eee today, and have been working on homework all night long. I am on it now. It works great so far!!! I love it!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 9:35 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I bought a 900 XP Edition last week and am waiting for its delivery. The eeeuser.com forum is a good place to lurk, though my heart remains here. Linux looks like great fun, but makes me pull back nevertheless--I just didn't find easy solutions for synching all my HPCs. So Activesync 3.8 on yet another XP machine: though it may lack mystery, it's still sex with someone I love

Jake
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 2:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I bought one of the 4g/ XPe models about a month ago. I think dinkin' around with Hpc's the last few years really got me ready to work with the small ssd.

I XP Lited mine and burned a new restore disc. I have my XP Install at 800megs. I could go smaller but, this way I don't have to chase drivers. With the 16gig SDHC card for programs and data I'm all set. I have all my temp files, Firefox cache and my documents folders on the SDHC ,as well.

I have become a big fan of the PORTABLE APPS SUITE lately and have everything I need installed to the SDHC. You really ought to check out, "www.portableapps.com".

As for sync'ing contacts, you can import/export the files as ,".csv" and it works on many platforms.

I use my eee all day long. I am constantly doing email and Google searches right from my Pickup. With my Verizon Broadband dongle I can be online in just a minute or so from a cold boot.
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 2:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

double post. oops!

Edited by stftclmshell 2008-05-25 2:37 PM
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

stftclmshell - 2008-05-25 3:32 PM

I bought one of the 4g/ XPe models about a month ago. I think dinkin' around with Hpc's the last few years really got me ready to work with the small ssd.

I XP Lited mine and burned a new restore disc. I have my XP Install at 800megs. I could go smaller but, this way I don't have to chase drivers. With the 16gig SDHC card for programs and data I'm all set. I have all my temp files, Firefox cache and my documents folders on the SDHC ,as well.

I have become a big fan of the PORTABLE APPS SUITE lately and have everything I need installed to the SDHC. You really ought to check out, "www.portableapps.com".

As for sync'ing contacts, you can import/export the files as ,".csv" and it works on many platforms.

I use my eee all day long. I am constantly doing email and Google searches right from my Pickup. With my Verizon Broadband dongle I can be online in just a minute or so from a cold boot.

Can you please describe what the Verizon Broadband dongle is, where and how it can be used, and what it costs for service.

Also, what did the 16gig SDHC card cost?

Thanks, Don
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 10:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The Verizon wireless broadband is a USB modem for their National Access network. I think my service is $59.99 per month. So far mine works everywhere I have cell phone access. The speed will vary with signal strength.

I also have an AT&T Evdo/rev A PCMIA wireless broadband card as a backup. Between the 2 I have an internet connection 99% of the places I go.

I think the sdhc was about $90.00
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2008-05-29 1:17 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I have new peripherals for the Eee...
I bought a USB keyboard that had two other USB ports I now have connected to the Eee, also a USB optical ball track mouse, and of course the flat panel monitor. I have it set up to basically be a docking station for use while I am at home. I am installing a docking platform for use when I am in my truck, and while I am in school, I just use it on battery power. I like this computer more-and-more every day.
 Top of the page
KimChee Page Icon Posted 2008-05-29 4:37 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

You should look into getting one of the 10k mah batteries, I've got one its definately worth it.
 Top of the page
webblaster Page Icon Posted 2008-06-01 5:09 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I bought 4G version and added 2GB of RAM and 16GB SD card running on custom windows dark edition v5 it works like a charm the stock clock speed is 600mhz but you can safetly OC it up to 900mhz and even 1100mhz all reasonable games work well the resolution is quite small 800x480but it's enough you can also get resoulution tp to 1600x1200 but text are unreadable then.the phisical width is exactly as wide as on j720 and height is about 1,5 times like j720's display...
the built-in atheros wifi works nice with windows version of aircrack. battery life is acceptable...

I reccomend it it's cheap compared to other umpcs which are even 7 times more expensive...

....and if it falls nothing happends coz screen is small and well-positioned and there is no rotating harddrive inside
 Top of the page
kbits Page Icon Posted 2008-07-01 6:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yoldering - 2008-05-05 10:52 AM

Just so you all can see the size difference, I took a few photos of the Eee next to my MP.

Dunno which MP that is (790?) but can I ask...what has been your experience with EEEpc vs MP? Could you give us a general comparison?

I tried one (EEEPC) a while ago in a electronics store (one of the original 701's IIRC) and was blown away at just how *fast* this thing is for a 600/900Mhz processor.

Dare I hope my soon to arrive MP900 will be this speedy?
 Top of the page
airhook Page Icon Posted 2008-07-01 6:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

OK, Guys & Gals.
I've succumbed to the power of the eeePC!

I just got one!
4GB + 1GB Ram + Windows XP Pro SP3
Under £200 inc postage

Can anyone recommend a case, the supplied one is not what I need, I want one with a handle + enough room for the charger +spare battery + peripherals ( cards etc).
Thanks,
airhook
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-07-01 7:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Oh man this is bad...everyone is jumping on the Asus EEE bandwagon.... There goes the neighborhood!

Rich
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13