x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

rom dump - custom roms for bsquare powerhandheld (maui)

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jesus Page Icon Posted 2008-08-01 8:18 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks for your efforts, and thanks in advance for your success.
 Top of the page
stasys Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Any updates on 4.2 port?
 Top of the page
guaike Page Icon Posted 2008-10-23 9:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,everybody.
What is the progress about bsquare?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-24 2:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

4.2 port was never promised for sure. it's a possibility though that is being explored

as for 4.1 based custom roms, all the tools are available on my site, so feel free to start and ask here if you get stuck at a point. of course if i have time then i'll make a rom myself. but first i'm finishing other projects such as 900c rom v3.

Edited by cmonex 2008-10-24 2:24 PM
 Top of the page
Jesus Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 7:48 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Whennever I installed something except for tcpmp and e-book reader, I was either disssatisfied with the functionality, or it didn't work at all. No thanks, I don't want to brick it. and this is my piece of advice for anybody. I respect you and your time too much, much more than to suffocate you with asking advices, and diagnosing errors. I'll wait for your custom rom that will work as out of the box. Period.
What I wish in a custom rom are programs that suport VGA screen, a nice office aplication, phone voice recorder- dictaphone, a cool alarm clock and stopwatch, picture editor and slideshow, something for drawing and handwriting, e-book reader, mediaplayer supporting flv, mp4, etc, messengers for icq, yahoo, google talk,skype if availlable, some nicer, louder wav sounds . Throw out embedded things you have better solutions for of your own, hack IE to show as ie6, or put in your favourite browser, perhaps change desktop to windows CE classic, if it doesn' distort functionality, put in a keyboard program for Hu typing. what else can somebody expect from 4.1? Destinator is better on a memcard I guess as it uses lots of space. Perhaps somebody else can add his aims for the Maui...Only Cmonex knows best what is the best for Bsquare Phh.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 9:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the suggestions, it helps

if you could gather these programs together (CAB files) that would be even better.
 Top of the page
Jesus Page Icon Posted 2008-10-27 8:36 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I wish I could have, but I can't, as just as I mentioned, none of those goodies worked for me. what works on yours, and on your other devices, might work on the Bsquare too. with your dlls and macfees and etc, and with a push of your knowledge, I count also on other HPC users and geeks that will provide you or us, their progs and apps that you don't have at home. I believe there are hardly any When the time comes. Nevertheless, I do have also a collection of programs, for you to try out and use, if you find them working properly. Will browse in them hoping to recognize what they are good for. But I won't spam you before you say that it is time now to concentrate on the Maui.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-28 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jesus - 2008-10-28 2:36 AM

I wish I could have, but I can't, as just as I mentioned, none of those goodies worked for me. what works on yours, and on your other devices, might work on the Bsquare too. with your dlls and macfees and etc, and with a push of your knowledge, I count also on other HPC users and geeks that will provide you or us, their progs and apps that you don't have at home. I believe there are hardly any When the time comes. Nevertheless, I do have also a collection of programs, for you to try out and use, if you find them working properly. Will browse in them hoping to recognize what they are good for. But I won't spam you before you say that it is time now to concentrate on the Maui.

thats fine, make package of non working cabs of programs that you specifically thought of then.
 Top of the page
David
David Page Icon Posted 2008-11-04 1:38 PM
#
Dear Cmonex,

We are trying to extend our device's ROM, which uses WinCE 5.0. We are able to dump it, flash it back, but cannot add new components (I mean dlls for example), only if the new component is smaller than the original one in the ROM. It is probably because of the memory adresses that are set in the ROM.
Is there a solution to modify the dumped ROM free, to change the operating system components in it? Do you have an idea how to do that?

(ps: I also work in BP
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-09 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

David - 2008-11-04 7:38 PM

Dear Cmonex,

We are trying to extend our device's ROM, which uses WinCE 5.0. We are able to dump it, flash it back, but cannot add new components (I mean dlls for example), only if the new component is smaller than the original one in the ROM. It is probably because of the memory adresses that are set in the ROM.
Is there a solution to modify the dumped ROM free, to change the operating system components in it? Do you have an idea how to do that?

bah it is because you are using the wrong program.

solution is on my site, though I should finally upload CE5 version of xipport - is your registry file default.fdf or boot.hv/default.hv/user.hv?

btw what device is that?

P.S: cool, bp means budapest yes?

Edited by cmonex 2008-11-09 3:36 PM
 Top of the page
David
David Page Icon Posted 2008-11-11 7:31 AM
#
Yes, that means Budapest exactly, so we can change language as well :)

The device is a PNA, with a 'hv' type of registry. The problem is that I don't really know how can I change the size of the ROM, and how to build my own adress values into it, so I can't customize it.
Do you have programs for WinCE 5.0 as well?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-11-12 2:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

szia, that is cool! the world is small.

do you mind going to irc - irc.freenode.net #hpcdev? then we can discuss this better

Edited by cmonex 2008-11-12 2:38 AM
 Top of the page
Asterix
Asterix Page Icon Posted 2008-11-12 11:21 AM
#
cmonex - 2008-11-10 9:35 AM

David - 2008-11-04 7:38 PM

Dear Cmonex,

bah it is because you are using the wrong program.

solution is on my site, though I should finally upload CE5 version of xipport - is your registry file default.fdf or boot.hv/default.hv/user.hv?

btw what device is that?

P.S: cool, bp means budapest yes?

Any news about the CE5 version of xipport ?
About registry .. converting the default.reg to default.fdf with reg2fdf.pl or the modified version of reg2fdf is not working .
I mean , the result is a fdf file , but it's not recognized by CE5.0 .
 Top of the page
David
David Page Icon Posted 2008-11-25 12:36 PM
#
Szia,

got some difficulties with the irc... can I give a mail adress, or mns, or something else? How else can i get in touch with you?

Köszi,

David
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-12-04 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

David: drop me an email (my email addr is on my site hpcmonex.net)

as for registry: use HV converter (mamaich posted it and it's in the romtools package too)
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 29