x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine

Latest Forum Activity

Puppy linux on Jornada 720
Moderators: insurgent, chiark

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]

Forums · Technical Support · H/PC Linux / Unix

Posted 2008-05-08 12:59 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

well being that dingo just came out (based off T2 frame work) i think i'm going to give it a go... i really like puppy linux and i checked to see, and there are sucesses with a full install working on similar system requirements... my only true concern is getting wireless working... when i have time sometime soon i think i'm going to give it a go.... oh an interestingly enough touchscreen functions are already intergrated.

however, I'm pretty much a newb, so expect some really stupid questions shortly... my first one concerns the bootloader... puppy linux has its own type... how will the bootloader from jlime (being as thats the one i have) will work with this... ie where does it look to boot from? another question would be teh kernel stuff... like i know the jlime crew was having some issues with sound and stuff, i can only assume this is do to the kernel not having j720's hardware support... so am i doomed for this little test than since presumably puppy will not have em either?

wish me luck.
 Top of the page
Posted 2008-05-08 1:28 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

You can't run a x86 OS on an ARM device, you'd have to crosscompile everything before being able to run it.
 Top of the page
Posted 2008-05-08 1:43 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

see thats the great thing about T2 it can run on almost any processor... including arm.

for completion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T2_SDE

Edited by Qkall 2008-05-08 1:45 PM
 Top of the page
hpc:factor« View previous thread · H/PC Linux / Unix · View next thread »

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Seconds to generate: 0.062 - Cached queries : 56 - Executed queries : 10