x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Puppy linux on Jornada 720

Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-05-08 12:59 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

well being that dingo just came out (based off T2 frame work) i think i'm going to give it a go... i really like puppy linux and i checked to see, and there are sucesses with a full install working on similar system requirements... my only true concern is getting wireless working... when i have time sometime soon i think i'm going to give it a go.... oh an interestingly enough touchscreen functions are already intergrated.

however, I'm pretty much a newb, so expect some really stupid questions shortly... my first one concerns the bootloader... puppy linux has its own type... how will the bootloader from jlime (being as thats the one i have) will work with this... ie where does it look to boot from? another question would be teh kernel stuff... like i know the jlime crew was having some issues with sound and stuff, i can only assume this is do to the kernel not having j720's hardware support... so am i doomed for this little test than since presumably puppy will not have em either?

wish me luck.
 Top of the page
HellDragon Page Icon Posted 2008-05-08 1:28 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

You can't run a x86 OS on an ARM device, you'd have to crosscompile everything before being able to run it.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-05-08 1:43 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

see thats the great thing about T2 it can run on almost any processor... including arm.

for completion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T2_SDE

Edited by Qkall 2008-05-08 1:45 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10