x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

.NET Compact Framework on H/PC Pro

1 2 3 4 5
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-02-07 11:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Looks good, as I was a C# developer, but if I use my VS2008 to compile for .Net CF 1 it will run on my Jornada 720? I need to change any of the default properties of the project to build it?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-02-08 10:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Some CESD FAQ's / Guides most needed here.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-02-08 10:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

nathanpc - 2010-02-07 6:21 PM

Looks good, as I was a C# developer, but if I use my VS2008 to compile for .Net CF 1 it will run on my Jornada 720? I need to change any of the default properties of the project to build it?

Hmm.... I was thinking that VS2008 couldn't target .NET CF 1.0 (only 2.0 onwards)? If it can though, that is all you should need to do. Give it a try.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 8:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've edited the Wikipedia page on the .NET Compact Framework to reference the port of .NET CF 1.0 to CE 2.xx devices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Compact_Framework
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-25 8:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's another reason to support porting back .NET CF 2.0 - it will be helpful to CE 4.0 and 4.1 .net device users as well, since the standard .NET CF 2.0 installer won't install the runtime properly on CE 4.0 and 4.1 .net devices.

It's not too late to vote - please show your support for this project so we can see it happen:

http://netcfwince200.codeplex.com/workitem/6783
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-11-25 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2010-11-25 11:14 PM

since the standard .NET CF 2.0 installer won't install the runtime properly on CE 4.0 and 4.1 .net devices.

Oh, really? Installed CF2.0 onto Sigmarion without any problems.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-26 12:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not for me - the CAB installer chokes at the end. I seem to recall you saying in another thread that you had to reset the device right before the installer finishes - that doesn't seem like a trouble-free install. (And even using that method doesn't do the job on any of my CE 4.1 .net devices.)
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-09 12:02 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - until I figure out how to get one of my wireless cards working on my Samsung IZZI Pro [2CE .11] you an C: Amie are my role models. as you can see I'm searching every forum for advice!! This is going to take a while so while I search I think I am going to re-install HPC pro via your sp1. the problem has to be internal. Works fine - I can install everything except the wireless driver for 2wire and I can't find the drivers for 3.com [3CRWE737A-E1] would it help to re-install CE Pro sp - then this .Net Compact framework instead? at least if my wireless never work I will have a host of application at my mercy while I travel 2 hours to a job interview and get me a HPC about 10 years more Recent?? I just wanted the wifi and word but beggers[ebay bidders] can't be choosers...

I See Samsung IZZI PRO listed on the .NET Framework page I'm gonna do it!! thanks CE Geek - at least I never joined this site in Vain - I understand why you want people to stick to the S.U.B.J.E.C.T. of the forum. Thanks = D)

http://netcfwince200.codeplex.com/

Edited by Mystikfoxx 2011-02-09 12:09 PM
 Top of the page
Mystikfoxx Page Icon Posted 2011-02-10 5:44 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I just installed the .NET Framework with no trouble. Thanks!! = D) I definitely know this IZZI Pro is working fine I installed poscket maps [the only program it came with, outlook etc was already installed] and the .NET Framework just now. If I could just sort out the wireless I'd be lauuhing! Ah well - let me know what's in the top 10 .Net Framework....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Compact_Framework
http://netcfwince200.codeplex.com/workitem/6783
 Top of the page
Stevetuc Page Icon Posted 2022-01-14 5:43 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2008-05-11 5:52 AM

Even though C:Amie did put out a news article about it on the home page a few months ago, it may have passed under most members' radar: one of our members here (Stefanov) has compiled support files that enable the .NET Compact Framework 1.0 (Service Pack 3) to work on CE 2.0 and CE 2.11 devices. With the latest version (released only about a week ago), I've been able to run several .NET CF applications on my CE 2.11 devices.

[...]

Check Stefanov's CodePlex site for details:

http://www.codeplex.com/NetCFWinCE200

Does anyone have an archive of these files?

Wayback has an archive of the website but not the binaries which are using javascript callbacks to form the download urls.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-01-14 8:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

They're in the SCL
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11