x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

.NET Compact Framework on H/PC Pro

1 2 3 4 5
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-06 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

I can throw together a small .net cf app quickly that has no menus if you wish. do you want some hello world style app or something more complex?

btw, I don't remember if it was CE 1.0 or 2.0 too, but coredll did not export the basic C runtime functions like string handling functions.. apps had to have the runtime compiled in themselves. this might be why stuff won't run. but as I said, this might be an issue only with CE 1.0, I don't remember..

Edited by cmonex 2008-07-06 5:10 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-06 11:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Stefanov already compiled a "Hello World" applet for testing (though I noticed that it didn't have the Restore Down button on the title bar that is present in the CE 2.11 version), so it'd be nice to try something more complex. What if the app has on-screen buttons instead of menus?

Thanx for your help in any event.
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2008-07-06 11:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Speaking of .NET. Recently I followed some instructions to open up a GPS device, it runs CE .NET 4.2. My two apps that I have posted free online run pretty fine on it after a few modifications to account for the 16bit depth that I had never tested.

However, debugging with log files kind of sucked. cmonex, do you know how to attach a debugger to a CE .NET 4.2 device?

I used eVC 3.0 to build the apps, with forward compatibility in mind, so they worked well. But to try and debug I finally downloaded eVC 4.0 and I got some generic SDK for emulation. With the eVC 3.0 and the VC++ 6.0 Toolkit for WinCE I was able to attach to devices very well.

I did some websearches and did not get any good leads. The closest thing I saw was for requesting device manufacturor to use Platform Builder to publish and SDK. Since this device was never meant to be opened, I doubt that is feasible. I guess I wonder in addition to how to debug on target also if there is some generic on-target mips/arm/etc. SDK anyone has published in the corners of the Internet that can generically attach to a device for on-target debug sessions with eVC and through ActiveSync?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 1:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No dice so far on CE 2.01. The CAB file won't execute even though the same one installs fine on a CE 2.0 H/PC.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 11:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2008-07-07 5:15 AM

Stefanov already compiled a "Hello World" applet for testing

and does that run on ce 2.0?

smb_gaiden: EVC4 has a debugger, does that not work? then, I think even VS2005 allows you to use a 4.2 SDK so debugging should work too. there is also several ce.net 4.2 SDK's downloadable from this site, from developer downloads. you do not need platform builder. so I'm not sure what your issue is. you first say you need a debugger then you write that you found it.
if you like assembly ida pro also works.
btw, no, there is no ondevice debugger.
also I noticed you don't program in .net, so why post in a .net thread? please go post in the developer section: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=44

Edited by cmonex 2008-07-07 11:06 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 12:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, "Hello World" works fine. There's an on-screen button to close, which works fine, and two buttons on the title bar - minimize (_) and close (X), which also work fine. (As I mentioned above, the Restore Down button is absent; I'm assuming that CE 2.0 doesn't support resizing the window.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-08 10:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, Stefanov put together a .NET CF CAB for CE 2.01 for me to test, which installed successfully - and it's just like I suspected: several apps are working in CE 2.01 even though none have thus far in CE 2.00. It just appears to be down to menu bar support (or lack thereof) in CE 2.00, as Stefanov says.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-14 5:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

We've finally broken the CE 2.00 barrier! Several .NET CF apps working on my Mobilon already. See the link in the first post in this thread for details.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-13 5:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Only problem I'm running into is the age-old problem of running 240x320 apps on the 640x240 screen - the bottom is cut off, rendering several of the apps unusable on my Phenom Express and Mobilon. (Oh, if we could just port WinWatch to H/PC Pro SH3 and to CE 2.0. )
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 5:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm bumping this thread with a screenshot from my Sharp Mobilon HC-4600. (Sorry, I could only get a black-and-white version - for some reason I kept getting a black screen as a screenshot when I used ScreenSnap. )

(NETCF.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments NETCF.JPG (28KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 6:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

did you make the RC program?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 7:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No - that's Valentin Iliescu's program, written for ARM Pocket PCs:

http://www.valil.com/netcf/index.html

See also my first post in this thread.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 9:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Stickied and title changed
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2009-01-09 8:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Wow!

Does this mean that Most Pocket PC applications (CE 3.0, 4.2 or 4.x.net) can work on CE 2.0, CE 2.01 and CE 2.11 devices? I'm gonna try this! (Watch this space ...)

Also, if TCMCP is gonna work on a CE 2.0 device you'd need to install the package that was meant to work on a Pocket PC, and then transfer it to the device. Am I correct?

Edited by Paspie 2009-01-09 8:56 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-01-09 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No, this means that some .net languages applications may run on it - i.e. bytecode framework apps. It changes nothing for C++ executables like TCPMP.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.220 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10