x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless problems with HP Jornada 720

lagagnon Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have recently purchased an Enterasys wireless PCMCIA card for my HP Jornada 720. I downloaded and installed the drivers. All seems to be fine, card is working and picking up a signal when in range at my local recreation centre that has a WAP.

However, I am unable to make a network connection. Apparently no password or logon is required at this specific wireless access point, but IE gives me the error " A connection with the server could not be established". Control Panel, Network shows the wireless ethernet driver and I have DHCP selected. I cannot ping anything either.

What am I missing? I am new to this wireless stuff. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Larry Gagnon
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 6:42 AM
#
Larry,

You probably need to setup the SSID for that particular network. An SSID is just a Network name, like Workgroup for wired networks. If there is a 'Scan' option on the card, use that to pick up the SSID and key it into the SSID field. If not, you need to ask the staff.

Hope this helps/
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 10:42 PM
#
H/PC Elite

maybe it needs WEP auth, you should ask the staff behind the AP if they could provide it

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10