x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Does anyone have Bluesoleil for WindowsCE?

1 2
rickd Page Icon Posted 2008-05-19 1:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to get Bluesoleil bluetooth stack/manager for Windows CE? All the download links on the Bluesoleil website are broken, so can anyone give me the link to a mirror or upload it somewhere if you have it?

I have an asian CE 5.0 PMP with a USB host port and no MS bluetooth stack (I grabbed the USB bluetooth driver dll from PB device) so I want to try the Bluesoleil stack with a USB dongle (I have a dongle that the PC Bluesoleil stack supports and their website says the CE version supports USB).

Any help would be most appreciated
Cheers
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-19 7:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe write to bluesoleil support to fix the links, or try using archive.org
 Top of the page
rickd Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 6:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have tried both of those with no luck so far, so will just wait and hopefully I manage to find it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

let me know if you do.. I want it too
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-05-21 6:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-21 6:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you are an american, why are you using .de...

I promote rapidshare.com for selfhish reasons

(I have free premium acc there)

btw, rapidshare is getting worse and worse.. I sometimes can't download from .de because it times out too fast if I dare to look at another program while waiting for the countdown to get to 0 sec. then it doesn't let me download again.

I can put up with the countdown (which by the way seems to be getting longer and longer over the months), can put up with an 1 hour wait if the file downloaded was big and I want another file (solution: just change IP and delete cookies!), the ads and whatever shit.

but not with this timeout!!

(did you know that there are other sites that work a LOT better than rapidshare? except if you have premium acc but that's limited to one top level domain like .com or .de, wtf)

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-21 7:01 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-05-21 2:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

So I can't use rapidshare.de because I'm an American?

I know there are alternatives, but that was the only one I could locate at the moment (and for whatever reason I bookmarked rapidshare.de instead of rapidshare.com - don't ask me why cuz I don't know). And I had a lot of fun trying to upload too - it stopped uploading in the middle of several attempts. (I'm having network problems, though, and that may have played a role.)

Back to the topic at hand, though. Were you able to download it properly, and if so, is it what you're looking for?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-21 11:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

I got lucky and it let me download after the first timeout..

rickd will tell us if it works
 Top of the page
rickd Page Icon Posted 2008-05-22 2:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have downloaded and tried the file above and the CAB installed ok on my device, but when I try to run the exe I get a "Cannot find 'BlueSoleil' (or one of its components)... error message. I tried copying the coredl4.dll and AYGSHELL.DLL that were included in the archive into my windows folder but got the same result. What else could I try?

My device is running CE5.0 (1400) with an ARM CPU. The USB port can be changed between, Host, ActiveSync, U-DISK so I had that in host mode and my bluetooth dongle connected (which I selected the MS BTHUSB.dll for).

Windows Bluetooth stack was not included in the OS and I haven't been able to get that working (although I did copy the Control Panel extension and BTHUSB.dll from a platform I built and copied them onto my device), but I can't figure how I would load the MS bluetooth stack dll as that is probably loaded by service.exe or device.exe on startup), maybe someone can suggest something?

I would ideally like to get the BlueSoleil stack working because it supports the LAN profile and I wanted to try to use that to access the Internet though my PC's bluetooth. The Adeneo's Bluetooth Manager only support PAN and I don't know if that can be used to access a LAN though a PC?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-05-22 4:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The application itself hasn't been hexedited to look for coredl4.dll instead of coredll.dll. (I checked it myself in a hexeditor.) You can use the "Rewrite Lib Name" function in Executability Check to make that change. See if that helps.
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2008-05-22 8:44 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

OOOO I been looking for something like this for my new usb cf card
Thanks,
Bensawsome
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-22 9:09 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

rickd - 2008-05-22 8:48 AM

Windows Bluetooth stack was not included in the OS and I haven't been able to get that working (although I did copy the Control Panel extension and BTHUSB.dll from a platform I built and copied them onto my device), but I can't figure how I would load the MS bluetooth stack dll as that is probably loaded by service.exe or device.exe on startup), maybe someone can suggest something?

you need to add the necessary registry entries under HKLM/drivers, look in PB to get them. that's where device.exe looks
 Top of the page
rickd Page Icon Posted 2008-05-22 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-05-22 9:09 AM

rickd - 2008-05-22 8:48 AM

you need to add the necessary registry entries under HKLM/drivers, look in PB to get them. that's where device.exe looks

Ok, but then my problem would be that the bluetooth stack dll is not in ROM windows folder?

Do you thinking creating a small exe to copy the selected dlls from my storage card and into Windows and using the init menu to make that exe run as the very first item on startup would work?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-22 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

NO will not. and I don't even understand why you'd need an extra exe file for this.

you NEED the registry entries. and just use some filemanager (not explorer.. totalcommander CE will do) to copy the dlls to \windows for once and all.

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-22 8:47 PM
 Top of the page
rickd Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 3:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-05-22 8:45 PM

NO will not. and I don't even understand why you'd need an extra exe file for this.

you NEED the registry entries. and just use some filemanager (not explorer.. totalcommander CE will do) to copy the dlls to \windows for once and all.

Sorry I am quite new to this.

I understand I need the registry entries. I just thought the Windows directory was created from the NK.bin every time I powered my device on, so everything I copy into "windows" is lost when I power cycle (I have no suspend). As that seems to be the case from what I have tried so far.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9