x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Does anyone have Bluesoleil for WindowsCE?

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 6:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, you should've told earlier that every time you power the device on it is a hard reset. (no soft reset even?!)

in this case the EXE will get lost too.

you'll have to cook a ROM
 Top of the page
rickd Page Icon Posted 2008-05-26 7:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your advice cmonex.

If I install to the storage card then the exe is not lost, and neither is the registry because it is hive based (think that is the right word?).

Is it possible to hack the NK.bin to add the DLL? Or would I be better trying to write an exe to copy the DLL to windows folder before device.exe runs (seems like this would be possible as I already tested running my own apps on startup using init registry key).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-27 5:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, the SD card driver won't load fast enough, because device.exe has to load the SD driver (unless the SD is mounted as filesystem root which I doubt ), sadly.

yes a custom rom would work a lot better.
 Top of the page
rickd Page Icon Posted 2008-06-05 3:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-05-27 5:52 AM

well, the SD card driver won't load fast enough, because device.exe has to load the SD driver (unless the SD is mounted as filesystem root which I doubt ), sadly.

yes a custom rom would work a lot better.

Thanks for your help cmonex.

I have the nk.nb0 file and the software to load it now and have tested that a couple times.

So was wondering if you can suggest any tools to look for to help hack my rom to add the bluetooth DLLs?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-06-05 8:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh that's good if you know how to flash the rom.

why don't you check my site for rom tutorial / tool package?

and someone could once explain why everyone seems to go for dumpromx / rommaster when xipport is so much more powerful and introduces less bugs / more chance to build a bootable rom with it.
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2008-06-22 8:10 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Bluesoleil drivers might be nice addition to v3 ROM. Especially as very tiny USB bluetooth button is available here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12696 for $11.93 w/ free shipping.

and here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13700 for $6.99 w/ free shipping.

I bought the first one, and it uses BlueSoleil drivers (although I have not got it working yet). It is almost as unbobtrusive as the Nano VX wireless mouse receiver.

Don't know if second one uses BlueSoleil drivers, but price is low enough that it might be worth the risk of buying anyway.

Edited by theoak 2008-06-22 8:13 AM
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-06-22 8:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Some months ago I tried Bluesoleil drivers for CE with a USB to bluetooth key. Driver made the led indicator of the key switch on, so the driver sort of recognize the key. Even my Motorola phone was able to detect the MobilePro. Unfortunately I was not able to get the mobile phone and the Mobilepro 900c connected..

See: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11435&posts=1&mid=110370&highlight=bluetooth+usb&highlightmode=1&action=search#M110370

Edited by Dan 2008-06-22 8:46 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-06-22 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well if it is *proven* to work i can put it in the rom.

fingers crossed
 Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2008-06-27 6:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Would love to see if this is possible - think i sent you a cab i found for hpc2000 a while back cmonex - however it was only a 'trial' version.

My experience with the desktop version of bluesoleil is with the version "licensed for" and bundled with Cambridge Silicon Radio dongles, but sadly my dongle didn't seem to work with that on my 900c.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 28