x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

hpcBay : EagleUSA08 / HPClover / AdamRogers82

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It has come to our attention that there may have been a false goods scam being conducted through hpcBay by the user names:
  • EagleUSA08

• HPClover

• AdamHPC

• AdamRogers82
Firstly: If the seller wishes to explain the situation then they may do so via e-mail to Chris Tilley, link available: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=4

If you are a user and believe that you may or are impacted by a hpcBay sale from one of these users, then please contact me (C:Amie) immediately. Please detail your situation and how you have paid this user.

If you paid via PayPal we suggest that you escalate your payment as being a potential fraud as soon as possible. If I do not hear a a credible explanation from the seller(s) by the end of the day we will consider this to be a fraud. It should be made known that I am not expecting to hear anything from the seller(s).

HPC:Factor will assist with any fraud investigation request that comes from PayPal should it be required.
If you wish to include this thread in your PayPal escalation please do so, I will discuss the issue further only with a formally identified PayPal representative in-line with data protection laws.

We have the transaction logs, we know precisely who is involved at both ends.

Lastly, if this is not resolved satisfactorily, I will be discussing with the owners later today with regards to alerting the relevant authorities as we have a good idea over 'who' and 'where'.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I paid $70 for his J728 deal that was too good to be true. It turned out he is a scammer. He did admit it. I'm afraid he is using another name to continue his trick.

I'm in the process of recovering my money via Paypal.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for letting me know I thought this was the case after the other canadian msn address (eagle said he was in canada too). let me file too.

BUT, where did you manage to talk to him?? he never replied to my email, not online on msn either

edit: well, only if paypal.com would load.. maintenance hours.

p.s. I did have good deals before so didn't think this was a scam..

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-23 3:26 AM
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

CAuser - 2008-05-23 8:07 AM

I paid $70 for his J728 deal that was too good to be true. It turned out he is a scammer. He did admit it. I'm afraid he is using another name to continue his trick.

I'm in the process of recovering my money via Paypal.

I've just sterted a PayPal dispute as well for the 728 from AdamHPC..

Edited by Dan 2008-05-23 4:52 AM
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah paypal has recovered from maintenance so I filed too, half an hour ago or so

Dan: care to tell what the paypal address was? though it doesnt matter because you can link several emails to the same acc...

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-23 4:58 AM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:14 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Threads Merged
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:49 AM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie, when I started the PayPal dispute this thread hadn't been created yet, so I included some of the addresses of the threads involving this scammer (including mine of course). If Paypal needs further informations I will let them know about this thread too.

Cmonex, in answer to the other thread (which has been frozen): I contacted the seller before sending the payment and he was polite describing Jornada 728 external/working conditions and the shipping method. He just did not answer after I asked for conformation of the sent payment

Seller I sent the PayPal payment to is AdamHPC from Canada and the Paypal account is adamhpc@live.ca. See: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12472&po...

Edited by Dan 2008-05-23 8:12 AM
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie: see my MSN messages as a reply thanks!

btw don't forget to add AdamHPC.

Dan: OK. I don't think he will ever reply to you. (never did to me. also I gave my addresses and never let me know that he shipped the jornada or anything)
and don't forget to escalate your dispute to a claim if you haven't done so yet.

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-23 7:59 AM
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 8:03 AM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie I sent an email to you, thanks.

Dispute already escalated to a claim, thank you anyway

Edited by Dan 2008-05-23 8:05 AM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 8:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Always contact us formally about this sort of conflict, we are here to help. Unilateralism is not the best policy.
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 11:56 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Yarrrrrr... seems i'm in this also.

Here's my yahoo log, email, and this hpcfactor thread: http://freeshells.ch/~wicked74/hpclover.html

C:Amie i'm also PM'n you the link for this also rather than an email.

Cheers.
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 1:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

See how Paypal recover the money. In the worst case, we may need FBI/police to locate him and put him in jail.
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I think PayPal has a personal fund for refunding money (little amounts of money of course) in case he cannot contact seller, not sure though..Instead of jail, I'd opt for forced-labor camps for those kind of people

Edited by Dan 2008-05-23 1:53 PM
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 3:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well paypal will pay out of their pocket only if you are covered under PayPal Buyer Protection

we are not, so we are only unde rBuyer Complaint Policy:

9.12 Buyer Complaint Policy Benefits. If we grant a Claim under our Buyer Complaint Policy, PayPal will seek to collect from the seller by debiting the seller's PayPal Account up to the amount of your loss, and you will receive a recovery to the extent that the seller has funds available in the Account at the time we debit the seller's Account. If there is more than one Claim against the same Account, we will process the Claims in the order they are filed, and will pay out on each granted Claim up to the amount of funds in the seller's Account at the time the Claim is awarded, but not more than the amount of the Claim. Recovery of an amount under the Buyer Complaint Policy is not guaranteed.
HellDragon Page Icon Posted 2008-05-24 4:18 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have also been scammed $40 for a CF card
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9