x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't tslk to my pencentra 130

kilted Page Icon Posted 2008-05-24 12:10 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

just received a fujitsu pencentra 130. I have loaded activesync 3.8 on my XP machine. The PC does not have a serial port so I have a usb-serial adapter COM6. I try and try to connect from the PC to the pencentra but they do not see each other. The active sync sees the com port. I have set the port speed on both devices to 119.2.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I am trying to load some amateur radio software APRSCE.

Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-24 2:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

try CAB installer method:

at link http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/

read articles:
Installing Programs using .cab files
Installing Programs manually
Extracting Cabinets from Host Installers
 Top of the page
kilted Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 8:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Problem is I cannot talk to the unit to place cab files on it. I need to get it talking first. Is there anything special with the serial cable or pin configuration to talk to the PC ? when I make a connection the 130 will notice it is being connected to and start attempting to connect. It will place 4 trys then give up. I tried connecting via a terminal server to see what is happing and I see the 130 send out "CLIENT" 4 times. I have tried from a standard serial port and a usb-serial adapter. help please what can I try to get the device talking to my PC ?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 9:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You don't need to establish communication between the PenCentra and the PC in order to place CAB files on the PenCentra. All you need is a Compact Flash card to copy the CAB files to.

This may be a dumb question, but are you using a straight serial cable or a null modem cable to connect between the PenCentra and the PC?
 Top of the page
kilted Page Icon Posted 2008-05-26 5:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Not too dumb of a question. The cable I was using was not a true null modem. After I located one the devices are communicating fine.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28