x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

for wifi: Linksys or Orinoco Gold ?

1 2
joval Page Icon Posted 2008-05-30 4:11 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Cmonex:

Ok Ok...I do like/love the keyboard on the 900c...no doubt about it...I say this as I had a 900c I bought on ebay for $40 for parts last year...it was missing the space bar and function keys...and the touch screen function doesn't work...so I use the mouse.

anyway: neat thing is the keyboard/keys are the same on those dirt cheap mp800's...so I swapped them over to the 900c and am typing on that 900c now...

so there is a version of rdp that works on wince 2.11...I downloaded the one from hpcfactor site but it, the cab, wouldn't load on my 800's...if I can get rdp working these 800's may prove of value afterall

Now, I just plugged in the cisco aironet pcm342us card into this 900c...in fact the card is a little thick and barely fits the slot...anyway...the led lights flash...but the wifi dialog box says "no signal" and it doesn't pick up any hot spots. As soon as I swapped it out with a linksys wpc11 the hotspots show up and it connects immediately.

her first name:grandma!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-30 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, interesting why it would say that, maybe you need to install cisco's cenet driver utility too. (HCL won't have it, get it from cisco directly)

rdp: get the ce 2.11 / hpc pro MIPS version, not hpc2000.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2008-05-30 5:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Cmonex/Rich:

thanks for the help on rdp...Yes! I got it working...so it's exciting to bring new life to this MP800...I am grateful for the guidance...I was hunting around and downloaded rdp from the itemize site...didn't work...but here on the rdp support page got the right version for wince 2.11.

Rich may be right about favoring the bigger screen..these 800's are so light...I like the thinner case...of course i don't have a battery...so I may have to create one somehow...looks like the same connector as the 900c battery.

So-o-o-o looks like I'm getting hooked on the MP800.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-30 6:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

joval - 2008-05-30 11:57 PM

Cmonex/Rich:

thanks for the help on rdp...Yes! I got it working...so it's exciting to bring new life to this MP800...I am grateful for the guidance...I was hunting around and downloaded rdp from the itemize site...didn't work...but here on the rdp support page got the right version for wince 2.11.

Rich may be right about favoring the bigger screen..these 800's are so light...I like the thinner case...of course i don't have a battery...so I may have to create one somehow...looks like the same connector as the 900c battery.

So-o-o-o looks like I'm getting hooked on the MP800.

i did say you need to download this from hpcfactor.com

no, the battery is completely different from 900c!

glad you like the 800 though
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2008-05-30 7:59 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

what the? how did I get 3 copies of my "gratitude" post? anyway to eliminate the redundancy?

Yes, I see the battery is very different...uses AAA size cells per Rich's post...but the actual battery connector (metal contacts) "port" is the same....6 gold plated metal posts like the 900c...which means I can borrow that part form one of my old 900c batteries to fashion something like Rich's for a few bucks...glue gun the mess together and cover it with a piece of flexible plastic...like from an old school notebook binder. Well, if I get that far. and learn how to place photos on hpcfactor...I'll show you my results as well as a photo of the screen wire fix for the jornada 720 I mentioned elsewhere.

thanks again !
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-30 8:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

can't wait for the photos especially wire fix
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-01-30 11:15 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

completely forgot about this thread from years ago. I still have the mp800s but both the battery and charge port are exotic...so not used. The browser barely runs HTML ?1.0 so very limited. Is there anyway to run rdp (terminal services) on Windows 10 using a virtual machine for win 95?

I had a Psion 3 back in the day...gave it away though. Don't know why you posted on this thread ...very compact device. I recently found a Mako Diamond which appears to be a Psion device renamed as Psion sold away its handheld--the battery is dead and it won't charge or turn on.Its so compact I don't know how to open the case to replace the battery...any ideas, factorites???
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-01-30 1:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

oh, just found out its the same as a Psion Revo and battery replacement video is on youtube!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-01-30 4:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I've rebuilt Revo battery packs. The aging plastic and the generally poor design of the compartment make it ripe for breakage.

The stays that hold the springs on either side can often snap off when you try to re-hang the springs. The clips at the machine's back that clamp the compartment's lid are also prone to breakage.

As for the battery pack itself, tabbed batteries are a must, but the temperature sensor has weirdly short wires and the tightness of the compartment doesn't allow for much electric tape to fasten the sensor to the batteries' length. Thinner tape, the better.

I've replaced a handful and have one intact Mako for my efforts. However, this Mako does work well.

Jake
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2021-01-31 4:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

joval - 2021-01-30 6:15 AM

completely forgot about this thread from years ago. I still have the mp800s but both the battery and charge port are exotic...so not used. The browser barely runs HTML ?1.0 so very limited. Is there anyway to run rdp (terminal services) on Windows 10 using a virtual machine for win 95?

Yes you can! In fact you don’t have to use Win95, actually I think you even can’t use terminal services client with win9x. It was made for NT only. You can use HPC RDP with WinXP just fine. Then from the XP box you can jump to Win10 using VNC or something else. The only problem you’ll probably face is resolution. Windows 10 is not friendly with lower res. It needs at least 1024x768 to function. In that case I usually prefer Win 7
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-01-31 10:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

joval - 2021-01-30 11:15 AM
Is there anyway to run rdp (terminal services) on Windows 10 using a virtual machine for win 95?

This question confuses me, do you mean connect to Windows 10 from the Windows 95 MSTSC that happens to be running in a VM?
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-02-01 6:21 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

@jake: Thanks--from youtube video I ripped off the logo tab to access the batteries and hooked up some replacements. The battery gauge went from red to green but the Mako screen is blank...no boot. Seems DOA. You're right about defective plastic...springs and pins go shooting off into the air.

@ntware:
@C:Amie:
I'm able to rdp from my MP900c (ce.net 4.2) onto my win7 desktop but J720 with terminal services client won't connect... so you say hpc rdp will work on the J720 - I had it working in 2007 with mtsc ,I guess it was with XP. Thanks for your help/insight.

joval
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-02-01 9:43 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

joval - 2021-02-01 6:21 AM
@C:Amie:
I'm able to rdp from my MP900c (ce.net 4.2) onto my win7 desktop but J720 with terminal services client won't connect... so you say hpc rdp will work on the J720 - I had it working in 2007 with mtsc ,I guess it was with XP. Thanks for your help/insight.

joval

gpedit.msc >  Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Hosts > Security

Require user authentication for remote connections by using Network Level Authentication : Disable

try now

Require use of specific security layer for remote (RDP) connections : Try Negotiate and then try RDP

try now

Set connection encryption level : Client compatible

try now

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-02-01 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Bummer about the DOA Psion. How long did it take for the battery light to go from red to green?

Jake
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 31