x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Upgrades for Intermec 6651 to use pocket money 2004

1 2
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-15 3:51 PM
#
Can this be upgraded to use Pocket Money 2004? Or any good money programs...
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-15 3:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The 2004 version is for Pocket PC 2002 or later so no it won't work (at least without modification) on your Intermec.

You'll have to use the Handheld PC version of money.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-15 4:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The H/PC money version requires Money 2000 or 2001 to operate.
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 11:23 AM
#
Thank you I will pull out my old Microsoft Money 2000 and run.. Thanks for all your help guys... I know I am full of questions.
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 6:38 AM
#
Hi, Okay I thought I had a version of Money 2000 or 2001. But I had to order the 2001. Well anyway.. I rec'd it yesterday and I took off the money 2004 and loaded money 2001 so I can use it with my Intermec 6651. But It is saying I need to upgrade the component. but when I click on the sight there isn't anything. I am going to copy and paste what it tells me to do., But I can not find the upgrade to get it to work. Can you help? Here's what it tells me to do. Thank you..

Microsoft Money 2001
1. Connect the Pocket PC device to the desktop computer.
2. Connect to the Internet, and then visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.pocketpc.com
3. Download the Money 2001 upgrade component.
4. Double-click Msmnyppc.exe to start Setup.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to install Money for the Pocket PC to the desktop computer.
When Setup is complete, you can synchronize Money for the Pocket PC with Money 2001 on the desktop computer.
How to Synchronize Money for the Pocket PC with Microsoft Money
To synchronize Money for the Pocket PC with Money:
1. On the desktop computer, start Microsoft ActiveSync 3.1.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. Click to select the check box to the left of Microsoft Money, and then click OK.

NOTE: If Microsoft Money is not one of the available programs, Money for the Pocket PC is not installed correctly on the desktop computer. If you are using Microsoft Money 2001, install the Money for the Pocket PC version update. To do so, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 8:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

armymom84,

I dropped you a PM with some details. Let us know how you get on.
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 9:09 AM
#
Thanks Amie it worked

Try downloading this file and installing it onto your H/PC:

URL Removed

I have my handheld and laptop connected. I downloaded the above link and it automatically started downloading and detected my handheld and you just runs itself. I can use it as a stand alone. Which that's want I wanted. Or you can sync. Thank you so much.

I hope this makes sense..

EDITED by C:Amie
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 5:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You're welcome.

There was a reson why I PM'd you that url and not posted it here. So I have removed it from your post.

It's C:Amie btw
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 6:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tough it was put here for several hours ...
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 7:04 AM
#
I'm sorry Amie. Did not know. I downloaded the money onto the handheld. Entered my data and put into catergories. But when I go to catergories it will not give me a total when I click on the category. Do you know why?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 10:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"C:Amie"

No I don't know, I use Money 2003, and because of that cannot/do not sync with the H/PC - I wish I could though.
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 1:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

armymom84 - 2005-05-28 11:38 AM

Microsoft Money 2001
1. Connect the Pocket PC device to the desktop computer.
2. Connect to the Internet, and then visit the following Microsoft Web site:
3. Download the Money 2001 upgrade component.
4. Double-click Msmnyppc.exe to start Setup.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to install Money for the Pocket PC to the desktop computer.
When Setup is complete, you can synchronize Money for the Pocket PC with Money 2001 on the desktop computer.
How to Synchronize Money for the Pocket PC with Microsoft Money
To synchronize Money for the Pocket PC with Money:
1. On the desktop computer, start Microsoft ActiveSync 3.1.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. Click to select the check box to the left of Microsoft Money, and then click OK.

NOTE: If Microsoft Money is not one of the available programs, Money for the Pocket PC is not installed correctly on the desktop computer. If you are using Microsoft Money 2001, install the Money for the Pocket PC version update. To do so, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

Yeah, I've just been through all this nonsense too. In typical Microsoft fashion, the 'component update' is not for download where the instructions say it will be or anywhere else on the internet for that matter. Why the hell do they keep dropping support for their products just because it's a few versions 'old'?

I've been happily using Money in standalone mode on my device for some time now but I'd now like to synch data with Money on the desktop. Seems I'm now unable to do this because of MS's relentless version releases and dropped support for paid for software.

I'm never going to buy a Microsoft product again.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 1:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Which MS Money version are you using on your PC?
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 1:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It's version 2001 - the one that Microsoft released with more bugs than are found in the Amazon and the one that seems to be missing the crucial component that features in two Microsoft support articles and which is supposedly (or was in 2001!) available for download at pocketpc.com.

If they pull the download, why don't they pull the support articles that offer a fix at the same time? Surely that makes more sense? Incidentally, the updates are mentioned on many other CE/Pocket PC sites but ALL the links to download the file lead to, well, no download
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 6:42 AM
#
Yeah, Lextre it is very frustrating

You said you have been happily using Money in standalone mode on your device for some time. My question is does yours show the money in categories? I mean like are you able to click on a category and see the total $$$ amount for it? I was trying to use as a stand alone and I put in my categories and when I click on a category it just brings up the edit subcategory.. If yours does show the amount of monies in the individual category. Please tell me how? So I can see the amount.... Thanks!!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8