x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Internet on Velo via serial

Chris H
Chris H Page Icon Posted 2008-06-12 6:19 AM
#
Hi,

I have a Philips Velo 1 running CE 1.0 connected to my PC via serial. The PC is running XP Pro SP2 with HPC Explorer and that is working fine.

I'm unable to connect to the internet on the HPC though. I used to be able to when I was using a Windows 2000 PC.

Does anybody know where I'm going wrong or could link me to a useful tutorial?

Thanks, Chris.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-06-12 11:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Chris H
Chris H Page Icon Posted 2008-06-12 1:49 PM
#
C:Amie - 2008-06-12 4:21 PM

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0018.asp

Should work for you.

Thanks. I saw that before but wasn't sure.

I don't remember using that software last time. Is there an internet connection sharing option that doesn't require additional software?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-06-12 4:05 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Try Mocha W32 PPP, now freeware. It installs on the desktop and I just pulled my old Velo 1 out and was on-line in a minute, and that was with a hard, hard reset (I can't remember the last time I turned this thing on).

Jake
 Top of the page
Chris H
Chris H Page Icon Posted 2008-06-12 4:48 PM
#
Jake - 2008-06-12 9:05 PM

Try Mocha W32 PPP, now freeware. It installs on the desktop and I just pulled my old Velo 1 out and was on-line in a minute, and that was with a hard, hard reset (I can't remember the last time I turned this thing on).

Jake

Thanks, just had a look at that and it refused to work. The HPC connected to the PC but no net connection.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-06-12 4:50 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Don't understand it. What are your spec on both the machine and the desk app? Like I said, it works for me immediately.

Jake
 Top of the page
Chris H
Chris H Page Icon Posted 2008-06-12 5:11 PM
#
Interesting. I removed HPC explorer and deleted the connection that allows incoming connection on com port 1 and W32 PPP seems to work. It shows that bytes are being sent and received but I still can't access the internet on the HPC. Do I need to enable ICS on the network connection in use on the PC?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-06-12 7:18 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

No. On Mocha, you should be at COM1, 115K, everything else at defaults. On the Velo, click New Connection in Remote Networking, choose "serial cable on COM1," choose "configure," set baud rate at 115200, default everything else. In "TCP/IP Settings," unclick "server-assigned IP address."

Start Mocha on Desktop, click PIE on Velo, and go to a new address.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 25