x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

INTERMEC 6651 AND HWR

JOHN, SWEDEN
JOHN, SWEDEN Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 5:09 AM
#
Did anyone tried Handwriting Recognition and the Intermec? What was the result? Is it possible at all ??
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 7:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The best hw recongintion software for CE:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=85
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 11:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

keyboard isn't good enough?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 11:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

anyway it could be fun but my 728 is just not responsive enough to write on it without difficulties. a palm for example is so much more responsive for that.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 12:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-05-16 9:32 AM

anyway it could be fun but my 728 is just not responsive enough to write on it without difficulties. a palm for example is so much more responsive for that.

Guess that's why Palm users (I was one! ) swe*r by grafitti!

EDIT: Another reason why Palm grafitti silkscreen area is usually worn out ... (by text input).

Granted, Palm screens and stylii are somewhat different.

Edited by Snappy! 2005-05-16 12:32 PM
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 12:57 PM
#
Snappy! - 2005-05-16 10:22 AM

EDIT: Another reason why Palm grafitti silkscreen area is usually worn out ... (by text input).

Granted, Palm screens and stylii are somewhat different.

I kick myself for not getting a screen protector for my Clie earlier because of this. Ugh.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-05-16 6:22 PM

Guess that's why Palm users (I was one! ) swe*r by grafitti!

no way. i tried graffiti (just for fun) and it's just ridiculous. i'll stick to my keyboard ;P even a soft PPC keyboard is better than that.
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 1:07 AM
#
IMO Calligrapher 6 is great for handwriting when the 6651 is in tablet mode. Granted, it's a bit slow, but the recognition is great. Having a large screen really helps out. Long live the 6651!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 7:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you're thinking of buying calligrapher, I would say it is a good investment. Not just for the handwriting, but for PenCommander as well, which is absoloutly fantastic. I focused on it in my review.

Also H/PC users shouldn't worry here as Phatware - as we reported exclusivly earlier in the year - are still developing it. With 6.7 expected soon.
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 12:31 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2005-05-16 1:03 PM

The best hw recongintion software for CE:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=85

it works quite wel on a 6651

The program has sometimes a problem with my unreadble handwriting, but the virtural keyboard (480*200 pixels or 240*100) is great!
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 12:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

John from Sweden, I thought I saw an earlier post from you asking for answers regarding a dodgy (faulty) touchscreen. Note that if you try the HWR software on your Intermec and your screen is touchy (no pun intended) then your results may be more than unsatisfactory. Apart from the larger screen and higher resolution of the 6651 making the touchscreen less 'friendly' than on smaller screened HPC's, there were also many problems with earlier units (CE 2.11) and touchcsreen problems.

Before 100 Intermec 6651 owners (are there 100 6651 owners out there?) report here that they don't have a problem with their touchscreen, I would say that you are the lucky ones since every CE 2.11 6651 I've tried has this problem (usually with the lower part of the screen).

Sharp seemed to have fixed the problem with the later HPC 2000 units as I've not experienced significant problems with those touchscreens.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 6:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well he can donwload the trial version from the review link, and find out what's what with his device, hopefully you'll report back on how you get on John, Sweden
 Top of the page
John, Sweden
John, Sweden Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 6:14 PM
#
Thank you All,

I was experimenting in 2 days with the Calligrapher. Calligrapher is very good. Problem is the screen which works well (in my case) for 3 to 5 minutes , than I see strange lines or "jumps". When I write a letter, I actually see it 3 cm above the pen, or I see only a part of the letter in most cases above the pen. I tried to re-calibrate the pen in different ways. I hard restarted the Intermec to avoid interference of other software. It won't help much. It happens that the screen does not respond at all for a few minutes. But as I said it is not the software. Is it possible that it runs out of memory when recognising the text? I am not very happy about it. I thought I could play with it as a tablet. Screen is not very stable after calibration. I am an owner of Newton which has much more precise screen. But Newton gets old so I purchased Intermec for a simple office work. Still, the keyboard is very OK and the usb mouse too.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 10