x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Warlords II on a Jornada 720?

ThB Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 7:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I've just tried to install the (demo of) Warlords II on my Jornada 720. Here's what I did:

- Install GAPI for HPCs (3.0 from wincesoft)
- Set it to "Kill Taskbar" and "Enable Framebuffer Cache"
- Copied aygshell.dll to the warlords dir (on a CF-Card)

My Problem: The Game starts, everything looks fine, with one exception: There's always part of the screen missing. Depending on the settings of GAPI, it's either the left or the right part. That makes the game unplayable...

Anybody any idea? Could that be the wrong aygshell? Or wrong settings in the GAPI-setup?

Best wishes
Thomas
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 7:49 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

does warlords has an option for screen rotate?
Maybe try an older version of the demo, if you can find it somewhere that maybe does not support VGA mode, or the other way around.
you could also try something like nyditot to make the resolution of your screen higher and see if it will work then.

Goodluck
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 8:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It is simply due to the fact that you are running a ppc app on a device which it wasn't designed for.
As PocketDVD says, nyditot is the war forward, or getting the developer to recompile it.
 Top of the page
ThB Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 9:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wow, thanks for the fast reply!

PocketDVD - 2005-05-16 7:49 AM

does warlords has an option for screen rotate?
[...]
you could also try something like nyditot to make the resolution of your screen higher and see if it will work then.

Nope, unfortunately it has not... And nyditot and GAP for PPC don't seem to like each other that much

C:Amie - 2005-05-16 8:02 AM

It is simply due to the fact that you are running a ppc app on a device which it wasn't designed for.

Obviously. Otherwise, I would have had contacted the developers... But I'm quite content with my Jornada 720 - it's only a bit "underdeveloped" when it comes to games. And I won't switch to any of those non-keyboard devices only for that...

Best wishes
Thomas
 Top of the page
TV
TV Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 5:41 PM
#
Hi Thomas!

I know it's more than a year ago that you posted this message ut I still have the same problems. Probably you solved them in the meantime.

If so can you please tell me how to turn the screen or the applications?

Best regards
TV
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9