x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 95LX: Need way to send file over IR to it but how?

mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2008-06-23 3:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I need a way to send 2 files to this 95LX so I can use a flash card with it. How can I do it since I don't have the serial cable, just the unit.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2008-06-24 4:21 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
Hi Mikey,

That can be a bit of a nuisance. You need to find a machine capable of sending serial in HPSIR - HP's predecessor of SIR.
Try to find/borrow a SRAM (Static RAM PCMCIA) card, and use that to get the drivers on the 95LX.

Alternative 1: If you can find someone with a 200LX cable anywhere near, I can send you the 4-pin adapter,
I still have some two or three laying around. I can tell you otherwise how to buy the 200LX cable in the US at USD25, and I will send you a 4-pin adapter - PM me if so.

Alternative 2: Find someone with an HP 48SX serial cable - they are identical

Alternative 3: Find a small piece of 2mm header ( like a half from a 2,5" HD connector of a broken laptop motherboard, and solder the pins to female
serial cable.

Pinout is (95LX , 9 pin RS232, 25pin RS232 ):

95LX |RS232-9|RS232-25
------+---------+----------
1 | shield | shield
2 | 2 | 3
3 | 3 | 2
4 | 5 | 7

Note: the 1,2,3,4 on the 95LX will then just be side by side!

And no, you won't break anything if you put it in the wrong way first, it just wont work

Alternative 4:
Older HP handhelds, laptops support the HPSIR protocol, as well as older Ipaq's
don't know about the newer PC's though.

Edited by michelbel 2008-06-24 4:32 AM
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2008-06-24 10:21 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I would rather not drop money on this considering I got it free and only need it to get 2 files on it so I can use a flash card in the PCMCIA slot. I have an iPAQ HX2495B, that runs WM5 and a NEC Mobilepro 780, what software can I use for them??? I also have a ThinkPad T20 (Pentium 3 750mhz and Windows XP) with an IR port on it.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9