x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Synchronizing MP400 to a Virtual Machine.....

Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2008-07-05 8:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have finally decided to get around to setting up some method of synchronization method for my NEC MobilePro 400. I have read (and done) that you can synchronize it with your WinXP system but I have always had trouble with synchronizing my other 8 mobile devices. (I actually have to use 2 different computers to be able to do all of them XD) (Most of my devices are listed in my profile on HPC:Factor XD) So I was thinking maybe I could make a Windows 95 Virtual Machine (as I already have the install disk for my old Windows 95 machine XD). So I have 3 questions (so far XD):
1. What Virtual Machine program would people recommend (advantages and disadvantages or what one has that others don't)?
2. How would I set it up (specific to the program)?
3. How would I get the COM ports from the machine to show up in the Virtual machine?
If I think of more I will just post here.
Thanks to anyone who can offer me help,
Bensawsome
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-07-06 5:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You seem to be liking XD today for some reason.

1: The competition is primarly two under Win32/Win64, MS Virtual PC (free) and WMWare Workstation (not free), VMWare do have a free player, but you need to have prebuild the VM, and I think it's a rather unruly app.

2: I don't understand the question. Its no different from an OS install on any hardware device, just give is up to 512MB RAM and hit go. Once you're installed, update it as per usual, pating attention to the winsock 2 and DUN 1.4 updates in your case (just follow the patch guide for 95)

3: You remap it, which effectively dismounts it from the live OS and passes it throguh to the virtual one, it's a point and click process

(win95-vm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments win95-vm.jpg (65KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2008-07-06 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2008-07-06 5:31 AM

You seem to be liking XD today for some reason.

XD

C:Amie - 2008-07-06 5:31 AM
1: The competition is primarly two under Win32/Win64, MS Virtual PC (free) and WMWare Workstation (not free), VMWare do have a free player, but you need to have prebuild the VM, and I think it's a rather unruly app.

2: I don't understand the question. Its no different from an OS install on any hardware device, just give is up to 512MB RAM and hit go. Once you're installed, update it as per usual, pating attention to the winsock 2 and DUN 1.4 updates in your case (just follow the patch guide for 95)

3: You remap it, which effectively dismounts it from the live OS and passes it throguh to the virtual one, it's a point and click process

Ok cool. That pretty much explains it C:Amie. Thanks ^_^ If I need anything else I just post here.
Thanks again,
Bensawsome
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10