x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Features for Registered Users (July 2008)

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 12:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I like to try and do some small changes to the site during the summer, and this year amongst other things it was decided to look at enabling a feature that was written into HPC:Factor v2.0, but was never actually enabled. The theme engine.

As a registered user, you can now change the User Interface between the two original V2.0 templates, Vs-V2-Green and Vs-V2-Maroon, and alter the dimensions that the page content area uses to fill the entire screen or remain limited in width (default).

If that wasn't enough (and I can't imagine that it wouldn't be ), for anyone who goes into the HCL on a regular basis, I have added the ability for registered members to pre-approve their EULA acceptance into the HCL so that you no longer have to accept the EULA each and every time you enter the HCL!

In addition, I have also relaxed the access rules for pre-approved members so that they can hot-link the HCL - but do keep in mind that hot linking will not work for anyone else!

To get at the system, just click into "Your Settings" at the top of the page and then look at the HPC:Factor Member Services from the navigation.

Or just click here if you are logged in: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/profile/controlpanel.asp

Lastly, you might have noticed that I changed the post rank "squares" into text that is a little more meaningful.

Enjoy
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 12:19 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have a suggested change. Can you change the search from broken to working?

Edited by Nate the great 2008-07-07 12:20 PM
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 12:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Now, now, be nice, Nate. That's a server issue that isn't that easily fixed.

Geez, I no longer feel special, since it's no longer just staff who get the cool color scheme alternative.
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 12:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

OMG THATS AWSOME!!!! ^_^
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 12:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The only way that that is going to happen Nate is if the community fork out in donations enough for a new server and requisite licensing. If enough people are willing to do that, then we can get it fixed, with some pain along the way.
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Chris,

I believe that the previous posts of this forum can solve 95% of problems about any given HPC, especially ones of setup and installation. Any time you find the inclination to examine the search engine dilemma, put me down for a donation, and I would imagine there are other old hands here who would follow suit.

Were I you, I obviously would collect the money in advance, with the knowledge that life has no guarantees, that if user non-refundable contributions don't reach a certain figure, the search engine repair can't be done. The money already donated could either lie in virtual escrow or used for something else on the site, not so costly.

I'm posting to this thread with caution and respect, knowing full well that this is a Lazurus issue that seemingly can never be flogged to death

Jake
Z.D.E.T. Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 2:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie,

What would the total goal in donations? I'd be willing to fork over a few dollars.

Edited by Z.D.E.T. 2008-07-07 2:38 PM
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I really like the changes! Thanks!
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 5:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek.. sorry to disappoint you, I also got the schemes as a tester... well, you could argue I used to be staff but that was long ago :/

anyway, about donations. I suggest a donation link should be put up - yes it would be nice to know what amount is needed.

Edited by cmonex 2008-07-07 5:20 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 6:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The entire donations thing was a complete ramble on my part, so I'm completely unprepared with numbers, but I shall get them. I have sent a mail to Clint and Insurgent on it and we'll talk sensible spec, rack space, licensing etc.

There is one 'slight' problem though:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SQL-Server-Standard-2005-English/dp/B000BHO46S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1215468316&sr=1-2

There have been a couple of other very small changes to the forums this evening, in addition to the customisation section - which I am pleased to see that a few of you are using.

One of them is that all HCL submissions by a user are totalled up and displayed on their user profile page, as well as being printed in the HCL itself, so you can see who has been contributing The totals are only completely valid for sumissions made against the HCL V4 submission system, anything that was sent in before that i.e. back to 2001 may not have been updated to reflect the fact that you submitted it, although I have tried to go through a few of the old submissions and give credit where it is due.
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 7:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I like that - we can see who's been particularly helpful here (as opposed to just particularly talkative like me).
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 9:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Count me in for at least 10 euros. (I was going to offer 10 dollars, but I thought you'd rather have hard currency. )

Edited by Nate the great 2008-07-07 9:27 PM
Jesus Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 10:13 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I would like to have a newsletter in .prc form so I can download and read it on my PHH on mobipocket reader. Especially the how-to-s. also HPC newsletter. PDF is lame, with three coloumns, zooming ad sticking.. www.pdamania.hu, and www.bug.hr, have .prc newsletters, so fun to read day by day a few fresh news.. or old skills, in our case, regardlress. Sorry for my coment, yeah, I know it is allawys more pleasurable to be entertained thatn to entertain. But, some dedicated experts, can achieve more than general users.. Salut
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2008-07-07 10:19 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Jesus - 2008-07-07 10:13 PM

I would like to have a newsletter in .prc form so I can download and read it on my PHH on mobipocket reader. Especially the how-to-s. also HPC newsletter. PDF is lame, with three coloumns, zooming ad sticking.. www.pdamania.hu, and www.bug.hr, have .prc newsletters, so fun to read day by day a few fresh news.. or old skills, in our case, regardlress. Sorry for my coment, yeah, I know it is allawys more pleasurable to be entertained thatn to entertain. But, some dedicated experts, can achieve more than general users.. Salut

I think I can take care of that. Can someone point me at the newsletter Jebus is referring to?
Z.D.E.T. Page Icon Posted 2008-07-08 12:11 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Nate the great - 2008-07-07 10:19 PM

I think I can take care of that. Can someone point me at the newsletter Jebus is referring to?

Right here:

http://hpcnec.com/cgi-bin/hpcnec.cgi?fid=03
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10