x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Intermec 6651 won't suspend

theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 8:43 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've got a little problem with my Intermec 6651, it won't suspend automaticly. I've select to suspend after two unused minutes. Even with programs like Smaltweak and tweaks2k2 I've select to suspend after two minutes, but the Intermec refuses doing it! It will only suspend if the battery is getting low or if I turn it off
If I go to start and then "suspend" it will shut down, so the software can shut the hardware down, only not automatic

So my question is: Does anyone know what is wrong with my Intermec?
I was thinking solving the problem using a program (taskbar add) that will shut it down after a few unused minutes, but I can't find such program
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 2:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Has it always had the problem since you've owned it? Or has it started to happen after you installed the 'tweaks' applications?
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 4:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have that problem with it since I've bought is a half year ago secondhand. Except the suspend-problem I discovered also that the standard Windows Mediaplayer won't play any mp3 files. The same mp3's will play on my J720 with the same OS and mediaplayer. Betaplayer doesn't have any problems with mp3 files...
A hard reset wont work
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 6:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The H/PC will refuse to time out if there is a system lock process active (e.g. media player) or a live, memory resident communications driver.

These are usually Ethernet, WiFi, serial, modem or gsm/gprs/g3 connections. Are any of these present in your device?
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-05-18 4:28 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have a driver for my wlan card, but this driver is moast of the time inactive and is not running at the background if I don't use the wlan card.
At my J720 I've got the same program's as at the Intermec. The J has got even more. Both have the same wlan driver and some taskbar adds which running all the time. Only the J will be automaticly suspend...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-18 7:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What are the apps; secondly is the WiFi adapter physically in it at this time?
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-05-18 9:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've did a hard reset, and the Intermec will suspend now But when I restored all my data and programs it refuses to suspend automaticl.
The next proceses are running after a soft reset:
MUTE.EXE from powertoys
gsbatmon.exe baterymonitor
ITaskMgr.exe taskmanager
gwes.exe*
deviece.exe*
explorer.exe*
filesys.exe*
NK.exe*

WMAGS46.exe (wlan driver, only when card is inserted)

* system apps, also running after a hard reset

while I'm trying and hard reseting it to write the information corectly (especialy the apps which are running after a hard reset), I've also discovered that when I instal and run the taskmanager direct after a hard reset it won't suspend, so I restored my data again and close taskmgr. And it will suspend automaticly Normaly it's always running at the background......
I't is strange, at the J taskmgr is always running (same version) and the J will automaticly suspend while it is running...
 Top of the page
John Sweden
John Sweden Page Icon Posted 2005-05-26 5:34 PM
#
Hi theodouma,

I am a newbie and the happy owner of an Intermec. May you contact me offlist concerning Intermec? You may find me at atcnn2@yahoo.se
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10