x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sharp Mobilon 4100/Ericsson T39 GPRS?

Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-08-10 11:13 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
My Nokia 6100 gave up the ghost, and I replaced it w/ a refurbed Ericsson T39. The Nokia did GPRS with both my Mobilon 4100 and Jornada 720, but w/ the T39, I could not connect via GPRS w/ my J-720 until I patched the ppp.dll. Now the phone connects to the J-720.

But still no joy w/ the Mobilon 4100, and other than the Network/SP1 patches from this site (which are already installed), I don't see any connect updates for CE 2.0.

Any advice would be much appreciated,
Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-10 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i also neededthe ppp.dll until i found out it was my fault -i sent static dns for some reason. i removed that entry then it was working out of the box with t39.
works fine with ce 2.0 too but some networks are not compatible
i dont know if that was the t39s fault though :/

my advice is:if you had set an init string, remove it. make sure you are calling the righ cid, for t39 cid1 is recommended especially if it has an older firmware on it.

Edited by cmonex 2008-08-10 2:05 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-08-10 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, Monica,

I was hoping I'd see you here I was just reading your MC16 and saw that you'd had trouble with the T39.

I have the CID1 chosen in the phone, and I never had an init string. I've dumbed down the BPS to 19200 on the 4100, and while I connect, I don't get any bytes exchange either way. It's interesting: my Osaris (ER3,4) stopped getting on-line once I switched from the Nokia 6100 to the T39 (still works okay with the Mako [ER5]), so I'm thinking that the T39 GPRS-and-or-IR is where the problem begins.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9